10 Eglinton Park, Donnybrook (-1.205m, -57%)

Was 1.6m in Apr 2006
archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/200 … y14695.asp

Was 1.95m in June 2006
independent.ie/unsorted/prop … 90758.html

1.5m in May 2008
irishtimes.com/newspaper/pro … 50273.html

Wasn’t this discussed in an other thread?
According to an archive search of the IT it sold in July 06 for 2.1M(No. 6 in the search) to an architect/developer who then drew up plans for a major remodel(No. 5 in the search).
irishtimes.com/search/index. … nge=custom

It’s mentioned on this thread, and probably elsewhere too. It’s been around a while.

I thought it looked familiar alright…

1.1M.
Picked up by property vultures.
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … n-4/124663
That’s a million below the 06 sale price.

Ouch.
Thats gotta hurt.

Back to my usual rant - who had the 1.6m required to buy and finish this?

1.1mln implies 814 per sq ft !!!

:angry:

The time hounoured practice of adjusting the asking price to allow for the properties potential… after you’ve spent 300k on building works.

Now €895

myhome.ie/residential/brochure/10-eglinton-park-donnybrook-dublin-4/214156

-58% of original price

Brochure says:

Nonetheless, Eglinton Road is pretty prime D4 and this is an imposing property with an enormous looking back garden. Huge potential to create a very, very fine Dublin semi-d. So I am not surprised it was close on €2m in 2006 and am somewhat shocked it hasn’t cleared above 895k. I think this is quite a bar-setter for Sth Dublin semi-d’s to be honest given one must think they would take €800k at this point.

These guys thought they did:tribune.ie/archive/article/2006/mar/26/trees-house-ripe-for-blooming-gorgeous-renovation-/

Here’s the planning application for 10 Eglinton Park:137.191.231.240/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=6179/06

That is some refurb with a fair bit of the house being knocked so I would imagine the price would be huge - maybe closer to 500k than most 3 bed refurbs that are in the 100k region.

Anybody else got any ideas on refurb costs reading the detailed planning permission?

It is not as imposing as you think. A v nice road & quiet but the houses are pretty small and close together. I think extending to 3k sq ft would be over egging the site and location.

Price makes no sence whatsoever when you can rent on Ailesbury Road for 2.5~3k per month.

You having a laugh Larry?..it’s not on Eglington road it’s on a side road off Eglington road full of similar bland semi-d’s. I’ve seen it and it’s in rag order (as the ad says - needs full refurb) and is only 1,300 sq feet. The only think that is imposing is the price.

Appears to have vanished - sale agreed or taken off the market??

Panic Over.
Back under a new listing:myhome.ie/219219

Now gone sale agreed:

sherryfitz.ie/resi/sell/salesagreed.aspx

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … n-4/219219