125 New Cabra Road, Phibsborough (-350k, -27%)

Was 1.3 million

209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Xr … =firefox-a

Now 950k

www5.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=363559

In my self-appointed role as ‘pinster-putting-things-into-perspective-to-show-you-how-fucked-Ireland-actually-is-cause-its-even-more-fucked-than-you-think’ I present the two examples below for your perusal.
1 is from the East end of London very close to the city, tube etc etc
2 is from the achingly wealthy and trendy environs of Alderley Edge in Cheshire.

This is what you get for £870k (equivalent £uk price of €950k) in
in London - 6 bedroom house for sale in Princelet Street, Spitalfields, E1 - £829,950 - tinyurl.com/d5hfss
Cheshire - Wilmslow/Alderley Edge 4 bed detatched - £825k -https://tinyurl.com/cmfnjf

Why anyone would think that any house/property in Dublin is worth €950k is beyond me…

In my book nothing with Cabra in the address could ever, ever have a million in the price.

To Needle - I wish your links worked, because I feel your Pain !!!

I agree with you needle. Why is it that people feel houses in this country should cost so much? What is actually underpinning it all? It really is bonkers stuff! The bubble mentality is alive and well. yeah ,the links didn’t work for me either.

165 Sq. Metres (1,775 Sq. Feet) @ €950k

€5,758 per sq m

or

€535 per sq ft

This place needs a massive amount of work. Again, their asking price is based on the potential for building a new 3 bed house on site. I don’t understand how people don’t think it’s madness to charge for a house that’s not built.

IMO this place should be no more than €200 per sq ft or €355k

Folks I think there is some confusion here about the location. New Cabra Road in Phibsboro is actually a really nice road. I do think that this still has a way to go, but no one should confuse it with the terraces in Cabra itself.