127 Booterstown Avenue (-120k, -12.6%)

Was €950k (but appears to have dropped to €895k 5 days after first going on sale in Oct '11), now €830k:

irishpropertywatch.com/…620207&Site=daft
myhome.ie/1773014

€346 per square foot.

Nice house and garden but they’d be lucky to get 650K in this climate I reckon.

why is it too cold on Booterstown avenue ?

Only immediate issue with that gaff I can see is being on a main road.
Garden nice without being massive, and more westerly than north (a good thing).

A good family pad, though I’d be very interested to see a BER rating.

Yes, this is a busy road. I’d be surprised if BER higher than a D or low C.

I viewed the house last year and while the finish was not to my taste it was done to a good standard. I’d be surprised if they didn’t do some insulation when modernising. Don’t know the BER though.

Lots of space for a family including loads of room for teenagers to study, plenty of playroom/family room potential, and/or suitable for accommodating a home office. Lots of potential to extend if that’s still not spacious enough. Set well back from the road thanks to the long drive and enough room for a few cars plus a boat trailer or whatever takes your fancy. Oh, and there’s a garage.

While the asking price might look a little high, I would assume that given the willingness of most vendors to take a 15% hit one could walk away with this for about 700k. Which makes it compare fairly with the likes of Lauriston in Glenageary which needed a ton of money poured into it on top of the guts of the 500k price. This house has a better location IMO but that’s a matter of personal preference.

Jeez, you could change the tartan carpet on the stairs!

That garage looks very narrow (first world problem, I know!) Would you fit an actual car in there, can you remember?

I just can’t see it going for anywhere near €830k.

Mayber not an SUV or full-size luxury saloon, but I remember thinking it would be perfect for a classic roadster.

Excellent! 8)

An oily floor will add character.

Says Sale Agreed on myhome.ie/1773014 …but

On property database SOLD price is €815k :nin