13 Brighton Avenue, Rathgar -1650K (50%)

Didn’t sell at auction in May 07. Listed for 3.3M
See here. 3rd house under Dublin 6 8 yesterday’s results.
ireland.com/newspaper/proper … 35363.html

Now 2.75M.
myhome.ie/residential/search … DVVB316324

2.45M on myhome.

That says POA now

It still says 2.45M.

Please Offer Anything

Please Offer Anything

It does now. It said POA when I checked earlier

Now 1.95M.
Nice place!
Over two years on the market.

still dreaming offering it at 1.95mm
Nothing is selling at that level.
Brighton road is struggling to sell at 1mm post auction, it’s a smaller house but much nicer area

The house is beside a large ugly three storey apartment block (Hamac Court).

The garden faces south east and so will see a long shadow from the apartment block from the afternoon onwards.

The front garden is very large but the back is quite small. This appears to contradict what the estate agents say - myhome.ie/residential/search … DVVB316324

and

Not what you want for 1.95 million.

47 Brighton Square (end of terrace) is on the market at 1.3 million, having being initially priced at 1.9 million. It is owned by some media type who spent a fortune renovating it and has left it somehwat unfinished.

4 Brighton Square (terraced) is on the market at 750,000, having being initially priced at 1.2 million.

13 Brighton Avenue - original price 3.3 million - 943 a square foot, now 557 psf.

47 Brighton Square - original price 1.9 million - 1,003 a square foot, now 686 psf.

4 Brighton Square - original price 1.2 million - 743 a square foot, now 465 psf.

These houses have all been for sale for between 6 months and 2 years without a buyer. Given the greater uncertainty in the property market about stamp duty, buyers are going to hold off until the issue of tax vs. stamp duty is clarified.

To see pictures of houses, you can use geodirectory.ie/GeodirectoryMap.aspx. Enter the address and select the Bird’s Eye view and zoom. You can also see the house from 4 sides. It is at a better resolution than other mapping software.

Deleted.

Thanks double down.

Different place.

1.695M.
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … n-6/102387

now says:

My typo

Anyone care to put a LTEV on this?

1 million?

This is the kind of house that an aspirant couple who have ’ done well’ would be happy to buy. These would have to be the kind of people who like to ’ buy style’ rather than make their own. This is a pretty limited market these days. In the kind of climate that we had they would be a couple who are each earning in the region of 100k and are pumping out about 20k in childcare costs. Net income is therefore about 160k (20k childcare costs 40k income). At current multiples this is about an 800k mortgage. So you could make a 900k tag. But that means 100k equity which they don’t have. In real Long term multiples of 3.5 max (and to be honest I think 2.5 on a dual income is more realistic) this is about a 540k mortgage and a 600k price tag which I think is pretty much LTEV. Just to give you some historical perspective these houses cost about 70k in 1987.

this is practically harolds x. Harolds x rd/terenure rd N is a bit grim.

here are a couple of better located contenders…

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … n-6/106939
this has been on the market for i’d say over a year at this price.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … n-6/133723

Mike, can’t see anyone getting a loan at the moment for 800K with just 100K deposit…

3500 square foot x EUR 375 a square foot = EUR 1,300,000
Good area, so say EUR 1,400,000

How to beat the recession/depression, go back into denial, now back up to 2.75M. :open_mouth: Beggars belief. Wonder if that has anything to do with a NAMA evaluation.

bit.ly/b7d14s

still listed on myhome at 1.65M
tinyurl.com/38sr53e