19 Whitebarn Road, Churchtown, Dublin 14 (-35k -8%)

Was €425k
webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … =firefox-a
Now 390k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -14/223807

Still WAY overpriced for a shell of 96sqm

Also check out the floor plans - need to walk through 2 bedrooms to get to the study!

https://images.myhome.ie/pictures/properties/residential/5/7/2/440275/Terenure_1771831_IMG_99_l.JPG

How odd. You could maybe turn it into an ensuite though.

Now asking 325k

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1609496

Edited today and it’s SALE AGREED!!!

Love the location (see map in the ad).

:slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HA HA HA HA HA Oh dear!!! EA’s over worked!!!

I doubt it got close to asking.

I viewed a very similar house to this, same area, but in better condition. They got an offer of 270k soon after going on the market, and EA told me he was just phoning around to check if anyone else wanted to offer before they sold at that level. Sounded like vendor was biting their hand off!

They were probably tired of people asking why there is a picture of Windy Arbour Luas stop. It’s a decent walk up to the house from there.

Took the time out to add in a photo of windy arbour Luas but couldn’t write in the address and put a little pin on a map!!! Ya get what ya pay for eh?!

no 16 Whitebarn Road is now for sale asking €300k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1702098

Now sale agreed:

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1702098

From top of description:

“SIMILAR TYPE HOUSE URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR SEVERAL UNDER BIDDERS”

For Sale once again at 325k

Those underbidders will be delighted :wink:

jeez, that did’nt stay sale agreed too long!
surveyor find something???

or perhaps the location out in the Irish sea meant the swim/commute was too long!

I’ve been the under bidder a few times on houses lately where the house has lasted only days on sale agreed before being for sale again… Vendors would need to be on benzo’s these days to hold it together…

Or are they genuinely going sale agreed? Can the seller/EA just say it’s sale agreed even if it’s not?

Totally, who knows!!!
I’m guessing they can say anything and I’m not sure if there is anything in the way of a professional code of conduct for ea’s or sanctions which could prevent any sort of skullduggery within this game… I suppose if someone is willing to “outbid” someone (imaginery or not) for a house the attitude is that it doesn’t matter since it’s their choice how they wish to spend their money.

Generally it’s fair to assume that if the EA says they went sale agreed, it is. Perhaps the poster above was thinking that the EA was somehow trying to squeeze more out of a bidder by pulling the house off the market and then putting it back again.There is far more downside than upside risk to such a strategy.

There are many reasons why a sale agreed could fall through within days, among them the fact that many buyers get a nasty surprise because the bank tells them they will lend less than the sum originally discussed, or the vendor gets uncomfortable abouut the buyers’ ability to come up with the funds, or the buyer gets cold feet when they realise the commitment they are making, or on occasion the buyer thinks that going sale agreed is a green light to try to screw over the vendor by looking for further significant reductions on the agreed price.

Back on today at €425,000
Seems so high for a small house badly in need of refurbishment. Is it that good a location!?
(not referring to the myhome map that suggests it’s a small island off the coast of Wicklow!)

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/2743671

Bloody hell. Reading the rest of that thread, it’s gone up €125 grand in one year with all the same shitty pictures.

Houses might well be going sale agreed and then falling through due to finance issues. There is an executor sale in my family at the moment; the solicitors are warning us to expect it to take a while to complete. Last I knew it was sale agreed at about 25% more than any comparable property locally in the past couple of years. Great for me if it goes for that, but I think the bank would be mad to give a mortgage for that amount.