2 Chelmsford Avenue, Ranelagh (-200k, -29%)

Sold for €381k (£300k) in 1999
independent.ie/unsorted/prop … 02477.html

Asking 575k in Feb 2004
highbeam.com/doc/1P2-24722066.html

Asking 695k in 2009 (see post below)
irishtimes.com/search/index. … daterange=

Recently 560k
irishtimes.com/newspaper/pro … 35924.html

Now 495k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … n-6/428130

The 2009 asking price was €695k:

Also listed here as having been sold at auction by Sherry FitzGerald in 1999 for £300k:
independent.ie/unsorted/property/auction-results-402477.html

So that’s the kind of kitchen half a million yo-yos gets you in Ranelagh these days :confused: ?
A lovely enough place to live (rent)…but c’mon.

Looks like an apartment lifestyle (space/storage wise) to me…with own door/outside space (I personally have difficulty calling that a garden - just my opinion :slight_smile: )

Is the apartment comparison fair? If so…a chunky drop still to happen?

That’s a terrible refurb job. What’s the point of exposing the brickwork then painting it white? The cheap wood in the ceiling doesn’t do it any favours either.

Very fair, what a mickey mouse kitchen. Fine if you live ‘light’. I struggle to travel light, let alone live light. Even the '99 price of this looks nuts. Only worth 200-250k

That would mean it’s affordable to a single person on a €60,000 - €70,000 salary with a deposit. I think there are a lot of people with more money than that willing to pay considerably more for this property/location.

Ed: Just noticed how limited the kitchen is. Not even a big fridge/freezer, and probably no dishwasher. Meh. Still think 200/250 is too low.

I think it’s poorly refurbished too. Now only suitable for rental or a couple with no kids who eat out at least one meal a day.

Sale agreed.