25 Ballyrowan Heights, Rathfarnham (-149k, -17%)

Was 899k

209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:OH … clnk&gl=ie

Now 750k

www5.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=432243

It’s “Ballyroan Heights” not “Ballyrowan Heights”.

Looks like good value - there seems to be much better value in “Western” regions of D14 (i.e. Rathfarnham) than in “Eastern” regions (Goatstown etc).
You definitely would not find a gaff like that in East D14 for that price.

Good value you say. You seem too eager to part with your cash my friend. This vendor is only now waking up to the fact that their neighbor has been asking 730k since January 09 for a similar house mentioned in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12066&p=196244&hilit=ballyroan+heights#p196244

Needless to say both are still available.

I’d find it hard to part with that sort of cash those houses.

600k maybe.

As for the Eastern regions of Dublin 14, prices are taking big tumble there. There is a lot for sale in those areas, but most of them have a lot of work to do to get them up to scratch.

For example:

myhome.ie/residential/search … BRAL394927

myhome.ie/residential/search … WBFF395161

I have viewed both houses and I know the agent. Nice bloke and does his job well but in this particular case vendors have their heads up their a*ses. Second one (one with PP) is in bits and you could not leave in it. Up until recently they were asking for 900k for A SITE! Completely ridiculous these days. Still at 750k it’s effectively a site. House next door, same agent, house needs A LOT OF WORK to bring up to scratch, plot is very irregular etc. Both asking prices are completely unrealistic. I’d pay about 550k for either, and that’s pushing it.

The plots are very irregular, but they are both large and when they are that size the irregularity could add character to a garden. They aren’t much good for development, but you’d have to be dropped on the head to be looking for development potential in a purchase at the moment anyway.

Well they’re on a slope and need a huge amount of work. You literally need a digger to go in and take all the rubish out costing lots of Ks and even at that you don’t have a flat garden.

"As for the Eastern regions of Dublin 14, prices are taking big tumble there. There is a lot for sale in those areas, but most of them have a lot of work to do to get them up to scratch.

For example:

myhome.ie/residential/search … BRAL394927

myhome.ie/residential/search … WBFF395161"

Those are semi-Ds.
You are not comparing like with like.

Dude I come from Rathfarnham - there is better value there than Goatstown (one of my target areas)
The average price per sqm is lower in Rathfarnham - are you seriously saying they are the same !?!?

use the quote button next time