26 Chelmsford Road, Ranelagh (-210k, -21%)

Was 980k
209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:uD … =firefox-a

Now 840k
myhome.ie/residential/search … WAOC374076

Sq. Metres: 196 (Sq. Feet: 2109.73) @ €840k

€398 per sq ft

This a large lovely house but in need of a lot of work to update. “3rd bedroom” is in basement beside kitchen and is otherwise called the breakfast room. There is a clearway during much of the day on the street so parking is problematic. No 34, which had been featured in Interiors magazine or somesuch was asking €995k back in November '08 viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15318&p=153975&hilit=Chelmsford+Road#p153975

I think there was probably more than €155k in the renovation.

(quote}3rd bedroom" is in basement beside kitchen and is otherwise called the breakfast room.

Went to see this property as had droped a few times from 1.2 the above statement is wrong sorry Jellyb. The room beside the Kitchen in d basement is a family room.
Needs a bit of work ok have my offer in.

Went to see this property have my offer in.
(quote} 3rd bedroom" is in basement beside kitchen and is otherwise called the breakfast room.
Sorry Jellyb the room you are talking about in d basement is a family room.

Just going off the floor plans fourstar :smiley:

So as it stands it is actually a 2 bed? The rooms in these houses are actually quite large (I grew up across the road) and the front room can be made into 2 rooms. And the back room which is quieter and a good size can be the master. Good luck with the offer :smiley: I hope you low-balled well.

now 770k (-210k, -21%)
myhome.ie/residential/search … WAOC374076

Gunne told me about a month ago they had a bid of 740k

€365 per sq ft. Needs quite a bit of work, but still makes a mockery of a lot of the prices in the area.