32 Greygates, Mount Merrion - then and now

Irish Times 4 March 1999
“In Mount Merrion, a four-bedroom semi-detached house, Braeside, at 32 Greygates, was withdrawn at €355k / £280k] and is under negotiation through Sherry FitzGerald”
viewtopic.php?p=526966
Equiavlent of c. €500k today according to anthonykelly.com/inflation.html

Now asking €925k (renovated, extended)
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2149600

Well, not sure if it’s worth 925 but not far off I suppose. Lovely house, if I had the money I’d seriously consider it…

Mind you, it’s nearly a million euros…

Six lanes of traffic outside? Not sure if I would drop a million on it.

Very nice house - done to a high standard and tastefully extended. Not mad on the kitchen, but I wouldn’t change any of the other rooms.

I really liked the house a few doors down, 27A Greygates. Apart from the garden, it was also beautiful, with the advantage of being detached and having well over 3,000sq.ft of living space. It came up for sale over a year ago at €795k and went off the market around the time of the floods, according to viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40313

That had a tiny garden, though, so by comparison this one probably does make sense at €950k.

Listed as a four-bed, but actually a three bed according to the description/plan.

248 m² / 2669 ft² (doesn’t look that big, is the attic space included?)
€346/sq foot

You wanna bet this goes for over asking? Unless the market turns in the next few weeks… (with a bit of luck)

Really lovely house alright. The main road wouldn’t bother me normally, but dropping a million I would think twice.

Sale Agreed (last asking €925k)