33rd Dail Watch

Fianna Fail give themselves a pay rise and then tell everyone they are actually taking a 10% pay cut as the economy is utterly tanking.
10k more grant for the first time buyers which is actually goes straight into the developers hands…how did pandering to that lot go the last time?
Look at the mess Norma is making of getting the kids back to school, the hames she made of the Leaving Cert result. A back to school plan released 4 weeks before the kids are due to go back despite the fact they are out since March… based on a 80sq meter classroom size and apparently 1000 subs from…somewhere imaginary. La la land stuff, tell that to the schools in prefabs and currently unable to get subs as it is.
How the hell are this shower back in power again?
They say history doesn’t often repeat but it sure as shit is rhyming.

Another Green down. They just don’t have the stomach for the tough decisions. Apparently she is staying in the party, so I’m guessing she knows there is heave coming and she’ll be back in the fold under the new greener leader.

Extraordinary Varadkar attack: Tánaiste ‘embarrassed’ to share Dáil chamber with ‘bullies’ from smaller and left-wing parties

However, Mr Varadkar said he wanted people to understand that opposition parties have 74pc of the speaking time even though they less than half the seats.

“I’m embarrassed to be a member of this Chamber tonight quiet frankly because of the behaviour of some of the parties,” he said.

During testy exchanges, he added: “I want to people at home to listen to the number of times I’m interrupted when I just try to say a few words in this chamber because of the arrogance and nastiness and abusiveness of the smaller parties and far-left parties in this House. They try to dominate this chamber and anytime anyone from Government stands up, anything any minister tries to speak, any backbencher tries to make a point, you shout us down in the same way you bully people online. Day in and day out you try to bully people in here because they come from a larger party or a government party.”

There’s more than a grain of truth in this accusation, regardless of whether you believe that the government’s policies should be shouted down. Its no way to behave in the place where debate is supposed to happen…its not debate.

Why would the government concede 74% of speaking time to the opposition? Is it all at 7am or 10pm?

what has Ireland done to deserve mini-coppinger, Neasa Hourican, as a TD!

Member of parliament appears on social media in his underpants mocking the pope…complains to Gardai about abuse :thinking:

Headline and first paragraph say he was forced to report this to the police; actual story says he hasn’t reported anything…:thinking:
Do I detect a hint of Jussie Smollett about that anecdote? “It just seemed too coincidental” that someone (nb not ‘a man’ or ‘woman’ as you’d normally recount) happened to be walking through a quiet part of an almost empty city, recognised him and insulted him. The “think about what might have happened” melodrama is laying it on a bit thick too…
If there really is a homophobic lunatic stalking politicians near the Dáil surely some steps should be taken to protect them by identifying the culprit :thinking:

“Forced to”

O’Gorman, Varadkar, Warfield… :whistle:

what are the chances of that happening.

add in zappone too

Ulrike Meinhoff, Gudrun Ensslin, Andreas Bader

new levels of fuckwittery reached again here, 80 people and politicos in 1 room together this week after announcing new measures. you would think he has to resign but that may bring down the whole crapshow in 1 swoop.

I guess we are not all in this together…

They have the genuine defence of not being able to understand the new guidelines.

Will the government make it to Christmas?

Not since this started, no.

I guess golfing ain’t no picnic either but at least he apologised right. A bit more nuance to this compared to Leo’s lark in the park?

Seems to be a political gang involved here too, so maybe he’s getting in his defense and apology first and @Magpie makes a fair comment with regards to observing Social Distancing and upholding current Covid Canon.

There may be a devotional factor required allied with a deep faith that is hard to maintain with a busy political schedule and life.

Take a page. A single page. I dare you. No, double dare you.

Go make it up. Go on.

Is this more or less serious than Cowen driving having had a few pints?

Hard to know really but its surely on a par.

What are the odds FG pull the plug shortly and go for a new election?

What a plonker. Can we all vote by mail soon?

And he’s gone. A real shame. By attending dinners and such things as these they are helping to expose the bull they have been peddling.

Apparently Phil Hogan was at it as well, having just arrived back in the country. Also 80 other TDs Senators Judges and RTE journos.

Meanwhile the rest of us cant attend funerals, go for a pint or watcb an under 12s football match.

Either the Greens or Varadkar need to pull the plug now

Go where you want to go. Don’t be afraid.

Shades of Animal Farm, All Animals are Equal, but some …

I had privately hoped Martin would make history as the first FF leader to not become Taoiseach, but now he might set a different record and become the shortest lived one.