37 Scholarstown Park - Rathfarnham

Listing at €240k which is a new low for Rathfarnham 3 bed semi stock (excluding ex council stock).

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1807146

Great price for a pretty good location. Though there might be some changes to this estate due to the realignment of the knocklyon road.
Hope this is a new price drop for other houses in the area, its making me tempted to get on the property ladder.

An Post Precision address has this house as Knocklyon… dare I say perhaps thats what’s bringing the price down!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :astonished: :astonished: :laughing: :laughing:

37 Scholarstown Park
Knocklyon
Dublin 16

“Knocklyon, Knocklyon”

“Who’s there?”

“Address”

“Address who”

“Address the farking issue of location or we’ll kick the EA’s door down”.

SHEESH!

Ha I bought a 1 bed apartment for 240k in the bubble!

Ignoring my bubble stupidity, 220k would be a nice price for this in the current market. It is a good safe neighbourhood with good schools. I have been in a house in this estate. It needs a new kitchen and carpets and 10k on insulation.

990 sq ft is a bit tight but It could be a nice lower middle class family home to raise a small family in.

At least one house sold for over €600k here near or at the peak. Knocklyon re-alignment won’t in any way affect this, and the planned temporary primary school in the green area was opposed and moved to Sancta Maria instead. Think 240k is a bit much, but if they accept 220k it would make a nice family starter home in a decent area with good schools. A lot of houses have extended out the back to give an open plan kitchen/dining/living with a seperate living room at the front. Attic extensions are big enough, but hard to get a decent stairs up to them.

Sale Agreed: myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1807146

Sold 3 august per ppr for 217k