44 Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge (-1.1m, -44%)

Was 2.5 million

209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:LG … cd=2&gl=ie

Now 2.1 million

www5.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=415882

I’ve been waiting for this one to come down. This house was purchased early 05, the asking was 1.8 Mil. I don’t know what it actually acheived. I can’t seem to find any link to back this up, maybe someone else knows where to get that data. The think the selling Agents were DNG

At the time the house had been renovated 95%, just needed some colour and a kitchen. Really nice house, you have a beautiful view down Wellington Road and can see the Dublin mountains from the upper floors. Down side, street parking and lights from approaching cars on Wellington. My guess is that at 2.1 Mil, they may be breaking even, assuming they paid cash.

They are currently asking €640 per sq ft.

At €500 per sq ft, the house would be valued at €1,640,000.

I’m very surprised at the absolutely shit photos by Colliers, really lacking. Also, if you check the details and floor plans, nearly every room has an ensuite, including the family room and the office, bizarre.
I imagine the “renovation” is purely surface stuff. I get the impression there isn’t really much of a garden, lots of these have given space over to mews houses.

Now 1,800,000

www5.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=415882

305 Sq. Metres (3,282 Sq. Feet) @ €1.8m

€5,902 per sq m

or

€548 per sq ft

Now 1.6 Mil

myhome.ie/residential/search … ERPY374245

This one is falling regularly, someone is anxious to get rid of it at a loss. No parking and a very unattractive rear garden, would really serve better as a business, at 6 bedrooms that’s a large family home. A lot of these buildings are businesses, IBM is just a few doors down.

487 Eur per sq ft.

Guest house, with hotel beds at 30 euro in the old Jurys I can’t see the market for that product improving.

Allegedly someone may have been trying to convert this into bedsits before the Council stopped them, hence the ensuites in most rooms, allegedly.

Allegedly the same person also owns another house on Pembroke Road and this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21978 allegedly

Wow. Lots of property for sale.

6 months ago I would have said, that at 1.6m, this place is reasonably priced.
Since then though 2 things have happened.
1] I have woken up
2] Places like the one below, bigger, large uncompromised garden & on a materially better road are starting to crop up in the <500 EUR a sq ft zone

myhome.ie/residential/search … FCGK398570

People are beginning to realise that these places have no place as an investment. They will yield 2% at best, at a time when prime commercial properties in Dublin that once sold at 2-3% yields are now selling at >7% yields

Someone may say one shouldnt care about yield if its bought as a private residence, but with so many compelling opportunities cropping up out there its becoming harder for people to justify pouring money into something that at best wont fall much more in value and is just dead money.

On TV now as re-possessed by EBS, Prime Time Investigates

View the programme at rte.ie/player/#v=1048654

This one is back in the market 5 years on…?

Anyone know what happened to it since? Did it ever sell in 09 ?

Now asking 1.4m
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … -4/2756217