5 Terenure Road West, Terenure, Dublin 6W -- -( 50k )-9%

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 6w/1614814

I went to see this house about three weeks ago on a Saturday . Informed by the agent that an offer of 500k was on the table and that the vendor would be accepting this offer the following Tuesday.

It looks like the offer has fallen through, shame…

Castles EA ?

Indeed.

Down another 100k

He should have accepted that 500k on the Tuesday…

i would never ever sell with them … i’d prefer to do a DIY job and sell on Daft that allow them to sell my house (if i had one).

Why would the EA reduce the asking to €449,500 when there was an offer (albeit one that fell through) of €500k just last week…

I know I’m naive, please no sarchastic replies.

You’ll have to ask the Lord in the Castle. There are some very decent EA’s out there but they unfortunately are not one.

If you picked this up for around 400k (10% off asking) it would be good value in current market even if the road is busy and its in Terenure (meh)

Is this really Terenure Rd West? Mate of mine lives on that road and this place doesn’t look familiar. In fact the map is showing a house in Tereneure Rd North

Would it though in its current condition? It looks like there is a huge amount to do to it and its a large house. My reaction looking through the pictures was one of depressed exhaustion and that is from someone who would be interested in taking on a period house needing a big refurb job were I ever to move house again.

It is west. If you are looking at the map on myhome, it is on the corner of the junction with either terenure park or hannaville.

A flat roof always sets off alarm bells and a quick look with street view suggests there may be some structural issues here:

maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=53. … ,1,-15.95

maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ll=53. … 9,2,-6.82

There’s also discolouration on the walls of the upstairs rooms per the EA’s photos. My advice: offer 200K in the expectation of spending a similiar amount on repairs.

The house next door seems to have 3 or 4 cars in the back garden???