52 Lansdowne Park, Ballsbridge (-770k, -60%)

Was €1.29m in June

Link

Now €1m

Link

In my view it’s this kind of gaf that will suffer most

1million ???

three bed semi D

nope …

sorry …

this could be an 80% fall area

Now 900K, How low will it go? I believe this is an investment property, bought, refurbed and put back on the market, according to the neighbor.

myhome.ie/residential/search … HGJT354506

nice house, nice location but it is small

600k???
gotta link?

sorry was speculating
not right place to do it

I think they are ex-corpo too.
I viewed one around 2003 and it went for 270k, really sorry I didn’t buy it :frowning:

Yes ex corpo and no, you won’t be sorry. I never knew that prices got so mad. 1.29m! Worth < 200k, its an ugly 1930’s corpo house in a good area.

This is from the Sunday Business Post in Oct 2005
56 Lansdowne Park was withdrawn at €760,000, and sold later for a
higher sum through HOK Residential.

archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/200 … ry8918.asp

I reckon this wee puppy we could see under 300k when all is
said and done

Well, guess what, now below or near its 2005 selling price with the benefit of a full renovation!

Now 775K ! Down ~40%

myhome.ie/residential/search … HGJT354506

Surely it’ll pull 400K ?

Right, the no glee policy? How do I convey the fact I hurt my arse when I fell on the floor laughing.

400k tops.

That’s a smokin’ 3 bed semi :stuck_out_tongue:

Sq. Feet: 1140.97 @ €775k

€679 per sq ft

€400k would make it €350 per sq ft

Back on the market at 475K

“Recently extended with a magnificent Hamptons conservatory…”

“Please note that this property was staged for photography”

myhome.ie/2434847

Photos have definately not been “staged” as is claimed. Went to see this recently and house has been ransacked since those photos have been taken. Not sure what happened - fairly sure the EA wasn’t giving the full story. House needs a fair bit of work and bedrooms and garden far too small for us. 425k max.

Asking price does not look unreasonable given

25/10/2012 €435,500.00 70 Lansdowne Park, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4

It’s still nearly half a million for a council house where the conservatory is more impressive than the actual house. It also seems to take up most of the garden.

Doesn’t look that reasonable to me

I don’t know for a fact either to be honest.

If they aren’t though they have been modeled on council house.

They look so similar to that standard design

Sale Agreed (last asking €475k)

Interesting to look back at the very first post on this property.
You tend to forget what bubble prices were like.

To be honest, I wouldn’t pay much attention to that price. This house (52) was up at the height of heights, mid-2006 asking €885k by private treaty requiring renovation. This means that was the price they were realistically looking for, not an unrealistically low AMV at auction. That was the highest I ever saw one for IIRC before the crash. People may have continued to rise the prices post-crash, but they weren’t selling. You can decide yourself how much it would cost to renovate 915sqft (the original size pre-Celtic-Tiger-style-conservatory) and to add on a conservatory. The house was bought specifically with the intention to renovate and flip. They were just being greedy looking for a profit on an over-inflated purchase price when they knew the market was spiralling down. They offered it in May '08 at €1.35m, which was never going to happen… ever. They reduced to €1.29m in June, a mere month later, then to €1m in August. All of these asking prices were crazy and beyond bubblicious. I think at €475k they got enough for the house. If they got significantly over asking, I wont be surprised because very little manages to surprise me these days, however I wouldn’t personally give 500k+ for one - even a well presented one.