7 Birch Grove, Kill Avenue, Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin

Hi,

I’m interested in this house, and would love thoughts from this community, mainly on the following points:
1- is the listed price reasonable?
2- do you think the house would be warm enough and well insulated?
3- Is the area recommended? Any anti social behaviour issue nearby?
4- Is it a good area for a young family? any good schools?
5 - anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!

To gauge the value you could take a look at the PPR for other houses that sold on the street or in the area. At a glance is looks like there’s a double height extension on the house. This is rare and isn’t cheap. It’s a C1 BER rating which is fine, although the BER can be gamed ( the right bulbs boosts the rating ) so you’d need to ensure the insulation is done which is what most people care about when assessing BER.

House is near Monkstown Farm which is predominantly social housing. I’ve no idea of the impact of this but it’s probably something you should be aware of. Walk around and do some digging on the internet.

Schools in the area are highly regarded. Monkstown educate together is around the corner and is apparently excellent. One word of caution is it can be difficult to get children into schools as they’re oversubscribed. Although that would be the case for most areas.

I live locally and would regard that area as quiet. The Farm as a whole is pretty quiet these days (with the odd exception) but that part very quiet. Of course that is one person’s perspective, you should get some others. It does look like it has a wrap around lane which may attract some anti-social but then again maybe not. New Gaelscoil at Deansgrange may have places. It’s long term home is top of Newtownpark Ave AFAIK. There may be another school going in there also.