73 Ailesbury Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4

73 Ailesbury Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 (c. 1 acre)

Was always a suspicion that this “off-market” deal was another internal family “transfer”.
(Irish inheritance tax is not one that is often paid by those who can most afford it).

Unlike the more recent mess-up of 5 Temple Gardens, even Irish Times qualified their article on it in 2014:
thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65965

Irish Times - Around the block: Ailesbury Road €6m surprise:
irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/around-the-block-ailesbury-road-6m-surprise-1.1844950

One way to confirm (or other) is via company house filings.

2015 filings still list the long-standing owners of 73 Ailesbury Road (i.e. McGuckian’s), as having this address as the live address for their main companies, including the Massereene Trust Company (place in Antrim that McGuckian comes from), which is probably the main holding company structure of the “family” home of 73 Ailesbury Road. Neither are their any “change of address” filings for 2016.

Another PPR entry for the “internal restructuring” pile…

https://www.dublinsgreatestates.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/73-Ailesbury-Road-Ballsbridge-Dublin-4-1000w.jpg

Higher quality version

excellent SoCoDu
how do you post those photos on ?

They have to get uploaded to my website first and then I can post them here using the “”“” tags on here. There are other free places that images can be uploaded such as imgur.com and then linked to from there.

:smiley: