78 Temple Road, Blackrock (-40k, -8.1%)

Was €495k, now €455k:

collapso.dyndns.org…=78+Temple+Road
myhome.ie/…1472097

€361 per square foot

Not with that garden.

Pictures are terrible. Looks like a rental place that needs work - at least a new kitchen.

I wonder if this house will see a return to 2001 prices:

See the 2001 agent’s blurb for this house

BLACKROCK : 78 Temple Road, A deceptively spacious end of terrace family home located only a few minutes walk from Blackrock Village, DART and shops. The excellent accommodation extends to 3 bedrooms, livingroom, diningroom, conservatory, kitchen and downstairs shower room. GFCH and double glazed. Secluded gardens and rear vehicular access with planning permission for garage. Off street parking for 2 cars. PRICE: Offers invited in excess of £300,000

From
terryhalpenny.com/saleslist.htm

Ken

According to Anthony Kelly’s inflation calculator, this is already below the 2001 level: £300k in 2001 is equivalent to €487k at the end of 2010. They are asking €455k, or 7% less than the inflation-adjusted 2001 figure.
anthonykelly.com/inflation.html

Now €379,950.00

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/1472097

On the face of it - a four bed (not falling asunder) in the heart of Blackrock for €380,000 seems very attractive.

Has it’s flaws - poor garden, main road, small for a four bed - but must stir some interest as that price?

I would think so.

It’s by no means perfect. But if one of last year’s main themes for many pinsters (including me) was complaining bitterly about the imperfections of almost everything on the market (see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41428), I suspect that we may see more realism this year, and that serious househunters buyers will be willing to accept imperfections if the price appears affordable.

It’s a pity that the only original features left in the house seem to be on the exterior. The inside looks a bit like a cheap hostel. Shame.