8 Nottingham Street, North Strand, Dublin 3

daft.ie/sales/8-nottingham-s … in/943399/

The house is a real blank canvas, and an interesting renovation project. I’m tempted by this potential, but wonder about the area. Its on a quiet cul-de-sac but the general north strand area has a lot of social housing, summerhill nearby etc.
Is this in the green zone?

Does anyone living in the area have an opinion? - e.g. walking from town at night along north strand, public transport.
I’d probably be fine living there - as a guy, but its quite different to the leafy southside area I currently live;) That said, not all area of the northside are bad.

Pros:
Price
Original features
Rentability (in theory - due to proximity to city centre, IFSC)

Cons:
Mainly the rough looking general area
North facing garden, near train line

Wouldn’t pay a cent over 80k for this.Its either a sign of delusion or a dysfunctional market that someone reckons this is worth close to a quarter of a million ducats.

Unlike yourself I would see the price as a “con” :slight_smile: not a pro.

Rimbaud,

Do you live in the area? Know the street? What makes you think I would pay the asking price?

You listed the price top of your Pro list? :wink:

If it’s good enough for Roisin Ingle…

irishtimes.com/life-and-styl … -1.1740528

Like, oh my god, a Sandymount girl who has turned so totally North Stand native! How dare Lovin’ Dublin favour Ranelagh over North Strand.
:sick:
Ingle wrote before about her love of the Northside, and how she no longer yearns to return to Sandymount, but I chose to only pay attention to this particular part from her ode to North Strand :

OH come on. €80k is a credit card bill - not purchase of a house in Dublin. 220k seems about right.

Current bid at 240k, owner wanting to wait until he gets bids in excess of 250k.