81 Patrick Street, Dun Laoghaire - then and now

1999, sold for €298k £235k]
irishtimes.com/newspaper/pro … 00184.html

Now €575k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … re/1419785

They must be off their bin with that price.

Less than 1000 sq foot, tiny garden, no driveway and double yellow lines outside your gate.
Looks nice inside but I wouldn’t be comfortable in there wondering who’s kicking the wing mirror off my car 100 yrds up the street.

Jaysus, it’s a nice house but…€575k for a gaff with no side entrance? Are they mad?

Lovely little house. Resident’s parking disc allows you to park for 40/year. Would only appeal to someone who wants to live in town. Seems to have had a good deal of money spent.

on Street view it looks a lot smaller than the agent’s pics

Yeah - outside someone else’s house! Have you seen in in Google street view?

I know Dun Laoghaire well - the fact is if you vacate whatever parking spot you found up the road on a weekend afternoon you might wind up without a parking spot within two streets of your half-a-million-plus house for the rest of the day.

Add a couple of kids and some shopping into the equation and the pain in the arse factor of this cannot be understated.

Tis almost €600 psft, ouch.

Back on the market at €475k

myhome.ie/1911526

i’m thinking 300k at most.

The location is good, quiet, commercial potential. Parking nightmare.

Unlike the other house sold nearby this has 1) a much less sympathetic conversion, and 2) no outside space to speak of.

I appreciate the point re outside space, but what is the problem with the conversion? It looks like a fine job to me.

Re the comparison in the OP with 1999…I would imagine €100k has gone into this since the original purchase…there or thereabouts…so I dont see this being to far out of kilter with the 1999 price.