83 Annadale Drive Marino Offer of 315k

I viewed this house this week and the asking price was 295. Three days later the ea rang and said there had been an offer of 315. Is this likely ? I know this is a sought after area but can I believe the ea, it sounds high.

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=506275

provost edit: fix daft link

moved to S/B/R and fixed the daft link

He gets 20k or about 6% above asking price and it’s not gone sale agreed there and then - I wouldn’t believe him. Have been viewing houses with the OH. Everything we’ve been show has a offer of about 90% of asking, we’ve agreed to tell EA that if the sale falls trough then to come back to us and we’d offer x where x is below the existing offer.

Its a typical EA trick. I viewed a house not too long ago. EA was 7 mins late and everyone was standing out in the freezing cold. Obviously inside the heating was on full blast for about an hour before. That house gave a warm, cosy impression and of course there was already an offer over the asking price. They arent looking for you, they are looking for the fool that believes them.

Looking at the DAFT link, that house has gone Sale Agreed.

Marino would appear to be different, the amount of interest you see from people even posting on the Property Pin would appear to suggest that Marino is a rather fabulous place to live…

I wouldn’t say that. But circa 300k for a Dublin 3 address which is walking distance to the city center, well served with amenities and doesn’t to my knowledge suffer from any social problems is good value relative to other places. NOTE my use of relative. I personally don’t see value in anything. Clontarf seems to be fairly active at the moment too. Lots of sale agreeds. Whether the money is forthcoming from the banks is another question entirely.

Dont know if I believe that… I was told by EA that this house in Marino:

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … ino/141781

has just gone sale agreed for 270 so even though the Annadale one is in better nick 45k would do alot to the Croyden Green house and thats if you believe the 270 in this case!!

Seems fishy…

Are you all nuts? If you earn 100k you can buy this on 3x income. You work hard all you life to buy your dream mid terrace shoebox formerly offer by the state for 2 shillings a week.

Threads like this make me realise there is a lot more to come. Half the countries houses are pledged as security for all those failing businesses. This is bubblicious. That is a €150k house.

Look at insolvencyjournal.ie/index.aspx then determine if now is the time to buy or the edge of the cliff.

+100

If I knew anyone who was brought up in Marino he’d be scratching his fucking head as to why anyone would want to live there, let alone pay 1/3 of a million for an ex-corpo house.

He’d tell me theres a LOT of house and car crime in the area and aside from being ‘near’ to town you have to walk through Bally-fuckin-bough to get anywhere. When he grew up there he never sat in the rear of the bus as the local knackers used to pull open the emergency doors. On more than one occasion he’d seen dozing commuters fall out onto the road at Luke Kelly bridge. In hard times past (1980s) you never stopped fully at those lights because of the smash and grab operators…
He has no idea what ‘amenities’ people are refferring to either. Fairview park? NOBODY from the area goes there, its just too dangerous. Theres a bus that occasionally turns up, but thats all he can remember.
There are no supermarkets or safe parks/playgrounds to go to within walking distance.
No cafes and very few restaurants.
What can these rosy-tinted blow-ins be seeing? (he’d say)

There’ll be no shortage of property in the area either as its very settled and there is a high concentration of aged people (ie a regular supply) of houses. They are 1920’s houses as well, made mostly from concrete.
Also the lower part (D-walls, bottom half of Phillipsburg ave) flooded badly in the 1950s damaging many of them and is prone to flooding again.
Anyone local knows this.
Except me.
Cause I’m not local, just writing what a local might write…

These are indeed 150k houses at the north end and 80k at the south.

Im from around there and I think your friend may be over egging the pudding somewhat. Its the northside so its going to be a little rough but not that bad. IThere are plenty of bars and cafes nearby and best of all it is well serviced by public transport into town. You could leave home at 830 for a 9am start ney bother.

Are you all nuts? If you earn 100k you can buy this on 3x income. You work hard all you life to buy your dream mid terrace shoebox formerly offer by the state for 2 shillings a week.

Threads like this make me realise there is a lot more to come. Half the countries houses are pledged as security for all those failing businesses. This is bubblicious. That is a €150k house.

Look at insolvencyjournal.ie/index.aspx then determine if now is the time to buy or the edge of the cliff.

+100

If I knew anyone who was brought up in Marino he’d be scratching his fucking head as to why anyone would want to live there, let alone pay 1/3 of a million for an ex-corpo house.

He’d tell me theres a LOT of house and car crime in the area and aside from being ‘near’ to town you have to walk through Bally-fuckin-bough to get anywhere. When he grew up there he never sat in the rear of the bus as the local knackers used to pull open the emergency doors. On more than one occasion he’d seen dozing commuters fall out onto the road at Luke Kelly bridge. In hard times past (1980s) you never stopped fully at those lights because of the smash and grab operators…
He has no idea what ‘amenities’ people are refferring to either. Fairview park? NOBODY from the area goes there, its just too dangerous. Theres a bus that occasionally turns up, but thats all he can remember.
There are no supermarkets or safe parks/playgrounds to go to within walking distance.
No cafes and very few restaurants.
What can these rosy-tinted blow-ins be seeing? (he’d say)

There’ll be no shortage of property in the area either as its very settled and there is a high concentration of aged people (ie a regular supply) of houses. They are 1920’s houses as well, made mostly from concrete.
Also the lower part (D-walls, bottom half of Phillipsburg ave) flooded badly in the 1950s damaging many of them and is prone to flooding again.
Anyone local knows this.
Except me.
Cause I’m not local, just writing what a local might write…

These are indeed 150k houses at the north end and 80k at the south.

Im from around there and I think your friend may be over egging the pudding somewhat. Its the northside so its going to be a little rough but not that bad. IThere are plenty of bars and cafes nearby and best of all it is well serviced by public transport into town. You could leave home at 830 for a 9am start ney bother.

You can say that about lots of parts of Dublin…hardly a reason to fork out 300k.

Imagine you didnt have to get to work for 9 because you had kids to look after. What other attraction is there?
Where would you do your shopping, for example? Where would you take kids?
Do the houses in question even have driveways? Many do not, so add that to your car insurance.

What are the ‘amenities’ and where are all these cafes? (not bars, never mentioned bars)
The ones on fairview strand? Are they the ones you mean? Long walk from Brian Road for a cuppa tea.

If you call the hÁon-dó-trí an ‘amenity’ you have lead a very sheltered life. :slight_smile:

My friend still has family in the area and is all too aware of the recent upswing in crime - car and house in particular but its not a violent area.

I dont see what, if anything, is wrong with my post.

I certainly dont see why anyone who knew the area would place anything like those valuations on property.

But Dont take my word for it…
As mentioned above, call around for (ficticious) house and car insurance quotes to see what companies think - you should get a pretty unequivocal and ‘fair’ reply. Ask the vendor for copies of insurance docs - to get nearer the real valuation and to see if you can get flood coverage…