84 Meadow Park, Churchtown

From this

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1356288

to this in 7 months…

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/2117881

sold for 200k now asking 340k.

They did a good job. It’s not the only one I’ve seen flipped (or attempting to flip) - there’s other ones where they haven’t touched it and just bumped the prices up.

the immediate area would be a major no no for me

I can’t for the life of me imagine someone whould purposely go out to flip property in this market.

Not a bad job…

To: 3 Bed Detached House 84 m²

More EA sloppiness. Also is that a turkey i see in the oven? hehe!

Any guestimates on how much was spent on refurbishment, 60k?
T

friends sold a place within 5 houses of this for 260 not more than 3 months ago and it was in equally nice nick
no way has the recent stupidity made them worth 100k more.

There’s still a house on the same road - no 13 -for 199.950. There’s a fourbed, 140 s.m. , at 320k.

Mind you, if this one is in top-nick with good insulation it may get nearly 300k which is not a bad profit.

very tastefully done except the decking, dont think that decking is appropriate in our climate, a lot of maintenance, prone to rotting, and things living under it, dont understand the popularity of it, it gets very skiddy in frost/snow also.

i have driven around this area, its not the greatest but not the worst and is close enough to nice areas.

myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1943382

this one is 315K for a bigger house in good enough nick.

Sale Agreed (last asking €340k)

10 Berwick Hall, Churchtown, Dublin 14 also Sale Agreed (last asking €315k)

I am looking to buy around the Meadow Park area. I am from Ballinteer and aware that Meadow Park or surrounding areas are known for being troublesome. At the same time it is in a really great location for me being close to Dundrum, Luas etc and cheaper than the surrounding areas which is a plus for me. Meadow Park is also at the top of the estate near Barton Road East.

Can anyone enlighten me to the area, what is it like these days?
I have also been looking at 84 Meadow Park. on the Property Price Register it says it sold in Febraury 2012 for 195K is this correct? Seems like the best value that was got on this road in recent times as it is now in such good condition.

I grew up next to there, and the area always had a very bad reputation. However, Meadow Park was always seen as somewhat distinct from the rest of the estate. I’m sure the area has matured somewhat in the last 20 years, but I can’t give you up to date details I’m afraid.

Visit the area at various times of the week/day to get a feel for it.

Bought €195,000 on 22/2/2012
propertypriceregisterireland.com … and-41076/

Sold €335,000 on 13/3/2013
propertypriceregisterireland.com … and-68231/

Nice renovation & flip.

The smart money is in buying crap and few paint tins. Never underestimate the lack of vision of house buyers.

That’s some profit. As a buyer I would not be able to palate it though

Edited to add. I guess this kind of activity benefits the domestic economy though. Buying materials etc and good to see people making cash in a tough economy

Ah sure - didn’t I tell yis years ago -

thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37204&start=19

:smiley:

It was a lot more than just paint. The original pre-renovation and the recent sale listings are both still on myhome:

Before (€195,000):
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/1356288

After (€335,000):
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … 14/2117881

I bought on Meadow Park last year, moving back to the road I grew up on from the 70s to the 90s. “Holylands” had a bad name a long time ago, but it is very settled now. I have every service you could ever want on my doorstep. The only problems I have noticed so far is a bit of dog fouling, and a teenager who takes his scrambler onto the green beside Nutgrove shopping centre the odd evening - ususally for 20 mins before Gardaí show up.

Had a look at 84 when before it was re-furbished. There is easily 70 grand gone into it anyway, hadn’t been touched since 1972.

If I had an air gun I’d be tempted to take a shot at that fellah on the motorbike. I’ve seen a motor bike there a couple of times. Did not realise it was the same guy