94 Rathfarnham Road, Terenure (-€100k, -11%)

As I’ve mentioned many times on this forum, a 10% fall in prices in the €750k-€1.5m price range is guaranteed.

Here’s another example - by the look of it, I’d guess it’s an older couple looking to downsize - decent block in a decent area, but requires significant investment to bring up to standard.

They would bite the hand off €800k…,

Check out this property I found using Daft: https://www.daft.ie/12657225

I believe there’s plans to put a bus corridor through the front gardens of that row of houses. I’m not sure it will go ahead but even the future possibility is bound to put off buyers.

Very good point - personally I wouldn’t pay more than €750k.

There may well be an opportunity to take advantage of the situation. Perhaps it never goes ahead. If it does the owner will be compensated, and looking at the front gardens they seem long enough to not be majorly affected. My understanding is that some houses on the corridor may lose the ability to park outside their homes. This would obviously materially affect the value of a home.

You’d really need to do your due diligence and given the amount of variables you need to process in a house purchase decision a would imagine a fair few people ( myself included) wouldn’t have the stomach to price this risk into the equation.

Is that on the basis of talking to the EA?

I am the EA…