A Secretive Banking Elite Rules Trading in Derivatives

A Secretive Banking Elite Rules Trading in Derivatives -> nytimes.com/2010/12/12/busin … ntage.html

It was reported some years ago how among the brains from all over the world who put derivatives together, French mathematicians and scientists are to be found in numbers way more than should naturally occur.
A suspicious mind could easily conclude that the ultimate aim of such weapons of mass destruction is to bring down the Anglo American capitalist system and put France back on the map.
Or maybe France just has better maths education.

No way, I lived there. They all use calculators from a very young age and cant do basic sums in their heads.

Yup. That would fit well with derivatives then…

There always seems to be a ‘secret cabal’ behind everything. I am a believer in the ‘lowest common denominator’ theory. Greed and laziness are behind most world events.

I do some work with a group of very smart mathematicians; they tell me that they preferentially choose graduates from France or from former colonies as they tend to be exceptionally good mathematicians. Russians are good also, but lack discipline!

To my mind that would be “we don’t care if it doesn’t add up, does it give us the answer we want?”

I reckon it’s the wodka. A few glasses of Bordeaux over a good lunch lasting several hours do not seriously inhibit cognitive functioning, but try knocking back a bottle of Stoli in an hour or less and then trying to do complex maths.

In the wise words of Gonzalo Lira, never ascribe to malice what can be explained by incompetence.
gonzalolira.blogspot.com/2010/06/aphorisms.html