Advice sought please help FTB

Hi Pinsters,
Could someone please help I am a FTB cash buyer after gone sale agreed took a bit hit in order to downsize for family reason.
I would really like to know what is a fair price for this property.
could I be hoping for a discount what should I offer.
I will be be very greatfull for as much advice as I can get.
Thanks very much.

myhome.ie/residential/search … TJBH347806

Financial worth, say 200-250. Value - who knows?

Looks nice but the price is insane. It is (literally) a shoebox. Despite the good location I wouldn’t be offering north of 150k. Look on it as a two bed apartment and consider what they’ll be worth in a couple of years.

Really thats shocking I like the property and the area for my mother.
that seems very very cheap.Jesus if I could buy for that would be Great.
Thank you.

Thank you jesus I cant come to terms with the price drops.Even though we have took a big big hit.
I know its being rented at the moment.
I wonder what they would sell for or will they just keep rent it out.

Can you clarify a little bit here bifo. Which are you?

It’s been on the market since March 08 at least, see price drop thread here

Word on the street around Ballsbridge is that they picked it up dirt cheap a few years ago (I’d rather not go into the alleged circumstances here). Wouldn’t pay anything near what they’re asking for it, I know these cotttages, they are well located if you like the area but not very roomy really and still way overpriced.

Hello first time buyer with cash.
Looking for smaller property from proceeds of sale.
Hope you understand thanks.

You’re opposite the RDS and the big clutch of boozers Paddy Cullens etc ] there

It’s wouldn’t be too quiet IMHO

Thats ok thank you I am a crows man myself BD

How are you an FTB if you have proceeds of a sale? A sale of what? A sale of work?

I did not own the property but have proceeds from sale.
And listen dont be a smart arse with me Mr was I smart with you good luck :angry: .
only looking for advice from the pinsters so if you have nothing good to say best say nothing at all.

The asking price for that place is so ridiculous. >1k EUR a sq ft?!?
Even at the absolute peak people only paid that for nice redbricks in Ballsbridge/Rathmines

One lesson you learn, is NEVER ignore the price per sq ft, unless its for a very good reason, ie has a 5 acre back garden :angry:

If they were asking 375k for that place it still wouldnt sell. Why? because you can much bigger 2 bed apartments in the Gasworks for that level.

downsizing is right. 56sqm for a 2 bedroom. sheesh.

the minimum size for a two bedroom apartment is now 80sqm. i’d be very wary about buying anything smaller than the legal minimum size.

it will become worthless over time, or else it’ll have to be converted from a tiny two bedroom to a small one bedroom.

Thank you that is great imput. Thats right about the gasworks.

I know what you mean we are downsizing from 1800 sf
Thanks I will have to check the legal stuff out.

So you’re downsizing after taking a hit on a sale and and in the same breath you’re a FTB!! :confused: .
Swiftly followed by giving coc a nice auld flaming when he asked for clarity.

Speaking of clarity… you were asking for advice on upsizing to a 2100sq ft house in Ranelagh 3 weeks ago.

You’ll find me over here at the sceptics table with coc.

HOC
I GAVE HIM A FLAMING BECAUSE I THOUGHT HE WAS BEING SMART IF I WAS WRONG I TAKE IT BACK
** NO2 AND YES I DID ASK A QUESTION 3 WEEKS AGO IS THAT NOT ALLOWED**

I honestly cannot see how a two bedroomed house, in an extremely desirable part of Dublin, will become worthless over time.

it will become worthless as a two bedroom, compared to other two bedrooms. it’s just over half the legal minimum size for a new two bedroom.