Afghanistan: The silent war (little media coverage)

I see what ya mean @jmc :icon_eek:

On July 19, 2021 I discovered a terrorist watchlist containing 1.9 million records online without a password or any other authentication required to access it.

The watchlist came from the Terrorist Screening Center, a multi-agency group administered by the FBI. The TSC maintains the country’s no-fly list, which is a subset of the larger watchlist. A typical record in the list contains a full name, citizenship, gender, date of birth, passport number, no-fly indicator, and more.

I immediately reported it to Department of Homeland Security officials, who acknowledged the incident and thanked me for my work. The DHS did not provide any further official comment, though.

Timeline of the exposure

On July 19, 2021, The exposed server was indexed by search engines Censys and ZoomEye. I discovered the exposed data on the same day and reported it to the DHS.

The exposed server was taken down about three weeks later, on August 9, 2021. It’s not clear why it took so long, and I don’t know for sure whether any unauthorized parties accessed it.

What data was exposed?

The exposed Elasticsearch cluster contained 1.9 million records. I do not know how much of the full TSC Watchlist it stored, but it seems plausible that the entire list was exposed.

Each record in the watchlist contained some or all of the following info:

• Full name
  • TSC watchlist ID
  • Citizenship
  • Passport number
  • Country of issuance
  • No-fly indicator

The data also included a couple of categorical fields that I was unable to identify, including “tag,” “nomination type,” and “selectee indicator”.

Notably, the database was found on a Bahrain IP address, not a US one.

Dangers of exposed data

The terrorist watchlist is made up of people who are suspected of terrorism but who have not necessarily been charged with any crime. In the wrong hands, this list could be used to oppress, harrass, or persecute people on the list and their families. It could cause any number of personal and professional problems for innocent people whose names are included in the list.

https://www.blacklistednews.com/article/80640/dhs-secret-terror-watchlist-with-nearly-2-million-people-on-it-exposed-online-with-no.html

Its not just Hillary or Debbie Wasserman Schultz who have serious IT security issues. The Federal Government are like the HSE. You can assume that every piece of personal information they have on you is trivial to hack. And has already been hacked.

Editing… I still think the video is extremely fuzzy… and still wonder why they were running right in front of the front wheel. And under wing engines. Of a moving plane.

Edited to say: this meme is being posted online. jmc linked a site that shows the upper image is the port side of the aircraft, image was reversed. Windows still look weird.

Inflatable Planes. Inflatable President.

Shitz about to INFLATE!

Its real…

https://www.planelogger.com/Aircraft/Registration/02-1109/752294

Thank you have edited above… still think the video is spoopy though. But I know I am not a planeperson.

Rumours of a small window on the mail in ballot envelopes that could allow someone to see some of the votes?

A minor problem. Seems the California Secretary of State has created a “print your own ballot” loophole. Should be good for a few hundred K more fake voters. In addition to the existing ones.

Given how inaccurate in-state opinion polls are due to a serious “shy voter” problem Newsom is actually in very serious trouble with actual real living voters as he seems to be slighlyt behind in opinion polls. And people who want Newsom out are far more likely to vote the the low information affluent coastal suburbanites who voted Newsome in.

It will be interesting to see just how many districts have more votes than citizens and how many low turn out districts have unfeasible high turn outs. Lost of recall election this year and most recalls look like they will be successful.

This is Bay Of Pigs '61 plus Saigon '75 plus Iran Hostages '80 plus Beirut '83 plus Kuwait '91 levels of utter cluster-fuckery…

https://twitter.com/JimmyPrinceton/status/1428756995650240513

Every day it gets worse and worse. And all the Taliban have to do is wait and watch. And then pounce when the can cause the greatest level of humiliation. On top of what is already happening.

And the reason why the WH ignored all the explicit intel warning in the previous month. They were too busy ramming through the “Infrastructure Bill”. Which has almost no actual Infrastructure spending but gives hundreds of billions each to Dem Party special interests. Like bailing out big state pubic union pensions for a few years more.

They really hit the jackpot, they now have a decent Air Force, of course long term I seriously doubt they have the ability to maintain the hardware, as the article points out they will probably sell some of it to China, Russia or Iran, just to create maximum seethe in Washington, a total mess

So now we have the latest scapegoat…

Ah yes, another “Gentry Class” journalist. Funny how they all seem to be writing about “Climate Change”.

She grew up in a very white, very rich suburban town on the outskirts of Dayton Ohio. Her dad is a very successful (i.e very rich) workers comp lawyer and I suspect it was his connections that got her the internship at CBS. Those network internships are very difficult to get. Even back in the heyday in the 1980’s and 1990’s they were like gold dust. A friend got one at ABC. Though contacts. No other reason. So a poor kid from a mining town in West Virginia not only does not end up in a place like CBS they sure as hell dont write total bollocks about “climate change”.

The few working class journalists left tend to write about the real world issues. Its very easy to tell them from the Gentry Class journalists. Who write stories about pointless trivia. Like climate change. And the wokery de jure.

Nothing is as it seems in every respect. In the case of this short clip. If you can find higher quality versions, that whole clip looks like it is mostly digitally composed, yes including most of the crowd.

Wow it was climate change all along . Fresh new take. Gets Biden off the hook too.

I’ll use that excuse the next time my knee plays up! :woozy_face:

Schools Out

[ZOOM School]

Teacher: “Johnny explain why your homework is not done?”

Johnny: “… ah miss, Climate change, I was up all night crying and…”

Teacher: " Oh you poor thing, don’t worry, now what upset you most can you tell the class?"

Johnny: “Well miss, well miss I dunno how to say this but my parents are climate change deniers and they’re not even vaccinated… I hav… I have, I haven’t been on foreign holiday for 5 years miss!!”

Teacher : “OMG!.. omg Johnny will you call the police and I’ll file a report… ok class Zoom school is ending early today I have to catch up on erm, some paper work and and, ok bye…”

The last 40 years of Afghanistan summarized in the 5 mins.

In the first five minutes.

The one caveat is that Pakistan and India came very close to nuclear war in 1999. The Paks reached Fire on Warning state at one stage. Pakistan is very much the belligerent in this situation. Every story out of Pak regarding the nukes is shit scary.

So in defense of the Swamp People in the Permanent Government keeping an enemy like Pak very close to the US is the only viable foreign policy. As even a limited Pak/India nuclear war would kill between 50 and 100 million people. So a few hundred K dead civilians in Afghanistan is just chump change in comparison.

Pakistan is the only country that matters in the region because its the only country in that region that is unstable enough and has the ability to start a nuclear war. And as the Saudis payed for the nuclear programme the Pak’s nuclear toys cannot be taken away from them

So the Taliban are now trolling the Biden White House and the US Military

Thats how totally the Biden WH has lost the war. Completely humiliating defeat.