Antifa

Recall BlackBlock / Antifa did this in Athens

A pregnant mother died when they firebombed a bank branch.

I think its disingeneous to imply that these guys are harmless Marxist professors and intellectuals.

AFAIK, anti-fa are funded by George Soros, who was a student of Karl Popper.
Based on Karl Poppers ideas George Soros has created the ideal/philosophy of the "open society".

IMHO, at the heart of these ideologies is a type of paternalism. A we know best attitude (& the public are stupid), which I think is anti-freedom. It would be better in my view to improve education, and promote civic responsibility in order to defend democracy.

Antifa are taking actions considered extreme even among their own ranks. On Thursday night in Portland, rioters surrounded a vehicle filled with passengers and shot at it, hitting one person inside. The driver was able to escape but the injured passenger had to go to hospital for treatment. In Oakland, two federal police officers guarding a government building were shot in an ambush drive-by. One was killed and the other has critical injuries. The following day in Seattle, masked antifa militants stole a rifle from a police vehicle before setting it ablaze.

Two things wrong with that - the minor one was that the vehicle was already burnt - I’m not sure how you identify the kid with the gun as antifa or hhow you know he took the gun out the vehicle. He appears to hand the gun over to the cop (and the guy is a cop) - his mates pull him away from the scene. Like all of this antifa stuff it’s so easy to pull it apart. I’m sure there are people who parade around as antifa and espouse all sorts of violence, just as there are ‘patriots’ in ‘militias’ who Donald Trump describes as ‘good people’. To me they are all the same - petty thugs who take advantage of dangerous situations for their own ends. This kind of crap has gone on for over 50 years - read about the Watts riots and how that started - how everything was apparently done by ‘communist agitators’.

MM: That quote was lifted directly from the article above.

Watching the video, the ‘rolling stones’ hooded blackbloc guy takes the weapon from a destroyed car and stands with it until he is disarmed.

Conventionally, Antifa come to riots dressed as a ‘blackbloc’ to make themselves harder to identify.

The Antifa chap says this in the Vice in the video I embedded here.

Blackbloc is an Antifa tactical dress code as it were.

Not convinced - if you reel the video back the kid wanders in from the left - he is behind the car - at the point he emerges there are two people with their hands on the gun - a guy with a blue & white face mask and rolling stones kid. Body language before suggests to me that the weapon was under the car. Before the cop arrives Rolling stone kid always has his back to the car, he’s not concealing the weapon , not surprisingly the other kid hoofs it when the cop arrives.

As to the fashion tips - nobody looks anything like the ‘uniform’ in the catwalk parade.
Antifa agitator master - ‘Hey kid - you wanna agitate?’
Kid - ‘Sure’
AAM - ‘OK - here’s your $50 - make sure and get a black hoodie and a big pair of shades to hide your face when you draw it in’
Kid - ’ Only Black hoodie I have is a Rolling stones one - that OK?’
AAM - ’ I suppose that will do - Anyone know you have one?’
Kid - ‘Only me mates and me Mam’
AAM - ‘Fine So - see you tomorrow’

No you’re in Dreamland. It was a local Fox News affiliate’s security who got the gun. That was reported. He was not a cop. The gun was only surrended because the kid was having a pistol pointed at him at point blank. He then immediately empties the ammo and checks the chamber.

If Antifa is Designated A Terrorist Group, There Are A Lot Of Possible Charges Coming

Watching Chrissy Teigen and Justin Timberlake suggest people give money to help bail “protesters” out of jail if they found themselves arrested over the last several days of rioting has been something of a study in just how far removed celebrities are from how this country and her legal system work.

Once Trump declared his intent Saturday to name antifa a terrorist organization — thought by many observers on the ground to be one of the main groups responsible for inciting the looting and rioting — celebrity calls to provide material support through bail donations began to look a lot different since providing material support to a named terrorist group violates federal laws such as the PATRIOT Act. Basically, if someone wanted to make that case, it’s not outside the realm of possibility they could.

Oops.

The terrorist designation also makes prosecution under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) much easier, something Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz has been pushing since last July when he wrote a letter to Attorney General Bill Barr asking the DOJ to name antifa a terrorist group.

Barr and the Trump administration took Cruz up on his suggestion Saturday…

I see Sinn Fein have stopped selling their Antifa badges in good time for all of this

Antifa badges

Item gone from store but some commerce cms traces still there as a graphic.

More here:

You been reading Candace Owens or the other right wing dopes who also say Soros funds Antifa “as far as they know”. The fact is they don’t know and neither do you. This nonsense has been lobbed around for years and, as we know in this bullshit era, it only has to be repeated often enough to become the truth “as far as we know”.

No. I have no idea who that is.

It has been suggested for years that ANTIFA has been funded indirectly by George Soros, although there is no conclusive proof as of 2020.

Given that ANTIFA are now (in the last 2 days) possibly being in the process of being declared a terrorist organization, open society society foundation are explicitly distancing themselves from any association with ANTIFA.

Open Society Foundation, twitter post; 1st June, 2020

We do not pay protesters. Neither does our founder George Soros. Claims that we do serve to delegitimize those who are exercising their Constitutionally-protected right to protest peacefully and petition their government for redress of grievances.

https://twitter.com/OpenSociety/status/1267511922280325121

In the same breath we do not know exactly that it is a “nonsense”.

Here is an example from a quick search were someone tried to see what they could find back in 2017.

How Soros came to “own” or fund Antifa is irrelevant to this discussion. He may have founded it. Antifa was first founded in the 1930’s in Germany. Surely you realize that Soros doesn’t exactly show up after an Antifa riot and take selfies with them? In other words, the links between Soros and Antifa are deliberately obscured. Few wealthy people ever admit to the dirty things they choose to do with their money, including funding terrorism and professional rioters. However, I have found a few leads of varying quality (some are more vague than others). All links are dated 2017.

https://medium.com/@Sard0n1ca/how-soros-came-to-own-or-fund-antifa-is-irrelevant-to-this-discussion-b53a5b9e3283

George Soros is no shrinking violet when it comes to his feelings about Trump and takes clear opportunities to communicate this, and takes it very personally.

Soros: Trump Will “Disappear” In 2020, Or Even Sooner

Date January 27, 2018

Billionaire investor and political activist George Soros comments on the Trump administration in a speech at the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting in Davos. Soros declared the Trump phenomenon will “disappear” in 2020, calling his presidency a “danger to the world.”

Soros said his “goal” is to “reestablish a functioning two-party system” in the United States.

“Clearly, I consider the Trump administration a danger to the world,” Soros said at a World Economic Forum event. “But I regard it as a purely temporary phenomenon that will disappear in 2020, or even sooner. I give President Trump credit for motivating his core supporters brilliantly, but for every core supporter, he has created a greater number of core opponents who are equally strongly motivated. That is why I expect a Democratic landslide in 2018.”

“My personal goal in the United States is to help reestablish a functioning two-party system. This will require not only a landslide in 2018 but also a Democratic Party that will aim at non-partisan redistricting, the appointment of well-qualified judges, a properly conducted census and other measures that a functioning two-party system requires,” he said.

“In the United States, President Trump would like to establish a mafia state but he can’t, because the Constitution, other institutions, and a vibrant civil society won’t allow it,” Soros also said.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/27/soros_trump_will_disappear_in_2020_or_ever_sooner.html#!

Now this by no means implicates him, but you might say the “stench” is rather turgid, and we all know Soros has a rep that precedes him, we know what did with Sterling. You do not get to were he is by mere fluke. Not how the game works.

In others quarters their is the belief this is a DS Cmdr. 44 Shadow presidency operation i.e. DS last stand, those who follow the Q drops are adamant this is a sPotus44 operation.

I expect like many most will not be prepared for the rest of this year.

If one thing is abundantly clear now, EVIL is on the march and it will spare no cost to win and there is not doubt that it is highly organised.

Some on the ground anecdote of the kind of greeting Antifa may expect in the US:

Black Dog Billiards

Yesterday at 4:14 AM

As the owner of Black Dog Billiards for the last 24 years, I have never felt a threat to my business as I did last night. Antifa had announced that they were coming to Klamath to protest and riot on Main Street and to take their performance to the court house, of which Black Dog Billiards is only a block away. With the numerous windows at my bar I knew it was going to be a sitting duck. I called Blaze Security to stand guard to protect the windows. To my wife’s dismay, I then grabbed my short shotgun and headed to the bar. To my amazement as I turned onto Main Street was the large barrage of Klamath residents swarming the street carrying shotguns, ARs, rifles, pistols and brass knuckles. There were law enforcement in abundance also. Antifa didn’t make it to the court house and my bar had no incidents. Antifa walked into a hornet’s nest. It was like a sixth grade football team walking into the Oakland Coliseum to take on the Raiders. Anyway Antifa made their protest, with very little physical confrontation, but that was it. Thank you Klamath Falls. You make me proud to live and do business here. Dan Kline.

Src: https://www.facebook.com/BlackDogBilliards/posts/3317601008272149?tn=-R

Some video to same event or similar reactions on the ground:

https://mobile.twitter.com/USRevolt1776/status/1267435685373411328

https://mobile.twitter.com/takeverything20/status/1267268447177551873

I thought I had posted this old video from 2017 in this thread but seemingly not, it is gaining a new wave of attention for very obvious reasons.

In 2017, Chaziel Sunz shined the light on who pays for Antifa, Black Lives Matter, what the plan is of the Democratic Party using the groups.

Sorry if I can’t be bothered to reply in detail. The last half dozen or so posts on this thread convinces me all the more that some of our erstwhile posters have no concept of sensible standards of evidence. A few years back there was a meme going around that spoke of “wiki truth” as a euphemism for “not entirely reliable”. Wiki truth seems like a veritable paragon of virtue now.

More like Spook truth.

Yep - as they used to say in the old days - ‘Don’t feed the trolls’. My OCD causes me to base everything on fact and while that’s useful for my job and things like house prices and econometrics and sensible debate about the interpretation of data it’s just creating mental anguish trying to deal with the stuff on here.