Antifa

He was ex-special services - better than a cop - defused the situation and the device with authority. Also the PD noted that the weapons were not discharged (for both references see later in Article). Still no Antifa evidence though.

You have no evidence I am in Dreamland either - I have location services turned off.

In case there are any pinsters that do donate to antifa or antifa related organizations, now might be a good time to cancel that patreon subscription.

Q: What do you do when you go watch for example, a film or theatrical performance?

A peaceful Black protester catches White ANTIFA members RED HANDED
spray painting “Black Lives Matter” on the front of a Starbucks.

He didn’t defuse the situation. He pointed a handgun and threatened.

You could actually rise pretty high in Anti-fa yourself, in a Pigs in Animal Farm sort of way. Because even when you change your party line you still give the impression this was always what you said all along.

Ditto. Never been diagnosed but I reckon I’m similar.

I read/watch very little fiction of any sort. I’ve read almost no fiction in thirty years. Too much interesting real stuff. I make some exceptions for a little sci-fi movies/TV.

The Q was more aimed at @metalmike but since you are on the same panel, for bonus point.

On the rare occasion when you make an exception, what is it that you actually do?

I’m 70% expecting deaths tonight in Washington DC

“Go Home!”

When Antifa messes with the suburbs…

https://twitter.com/Just_Shannah/status/1267961287977373696

Eh - he did defuse the situation - the kid didn’t die, the gun was retrieved and disabled. So still no evidence that the kid was antifa - but apparently I am , without even a video clip. The last time I had a party line the P&T ran the phone service.

I’ve never had an issue with theatrical performance - I suspend belief easily in the artificial circumstances of the theatre. Interestingly in cinema it’s science fiction that is most difficult - it’s stalwart defence of a lie (or unsupported/unprovable truth) always unsettles me. I’m also a stickler for continuity - but I love heist movies. Not sure why you asked the question - is it because you anticipate a similar suspension of belief?

If you can suspend disbelief in such circumstances and settings, then try do it for reality, from time to time. It might help tame the anguish. It might be easier for example to do it with any news media you purchase, mimicking the transactional vibe of buying a cinema ticket. Imagine, when you pay, you are paying to be deceived (which you are), is there ever a guarantee you will actually like the movie, or the foll’yer up. It could be good. It could be bad. Yet, it’s only a Movie, right? That is all.

“Fuck America” antifa post on twitter connected to white nationalist group.

But Twitter says that the account, suspended May 31, was actually connected to a white nationalist group, Identity Evropa (also known as the American Identity Movement).

“This account violated our platform manipulation and spam policy, specifically the creation of fake accounts,” a Twitter spokesperson told us. “We took action after the account sent a Tweet inciting violence and broke the Twitter Rules.”

Twitter explicitly identified the account as being connected to Identity Evropa and said it had taken previous action against other fake accounts tied to the group.

Interesting, but, ADL site you linked to says founded 2016, but they’re marked as disbanded.
TBH, looks like a nonsense made up group.

Their logo looks like they got someone on fivr to make it. :rofl:

Did they not turn out to be cops?

Tyranny

Stu Peters: Manx Radio host suspended over Black Lives Matter comments

A radio presenter who questioned the issue of “white privilege” in relation to the Black Lives Matter protests has been suspended.

Manx Radio took Stu Peters off air after Wednesday’s programme in which a black caller challenged him for writing “all lives matter” in an online forum.

“I’ve had no more privilege in my life than you have. I’m a white man, you’re a black man,” he told Jordan Maguire.

Manx Radio said it had referred the issue to the Communications Commission.

Mr Peters declined to comment when contacted by the BBC.

Manx Radio’s managing director Chris Sully said: "Stu Peters will not be presenting the Late Show whilst an investigation takes place.

"We await [the Commission’s] guidance on any potential breach of the Broadcast Code.

"Manx Radio does not condone racism in any form amongst its staff.

“We are actively working with the caller involved to develop some ideas to debate the issues involved.”

The Isle of Man’s Communications Commission confirmed it was “investigating comments made” on the programme.

‘Protest’

The phrase “all lives matter” has stirred controversy since critics argue it undermines the importance of the Black Lives Matter campaign.

Protests have been held around the world following the death of George Floyd in the US city of Minneapolis on 25 May.

The 46-year-old African American died after a white police officer kneeled on his neck for nearly nine minutes as he pleaded that he could not breathe.

A Black Lives Matter protest is due to be held in the Manx capital Douglas on Tuesday at 12:00 BST.

‘Disturbing’

Speaking on his programme, Mr Peters said he “can understand” why the movement had begun in America, but expressed incredulity at how protests had spread around the globe.

He said: “What I can’t understand is why people around the rest of the world are protesting, and specifically in the Isle of Man. Why you would have a protest outside of Tynwald about it?”

Chief Minister Howard Quayle said the death of Mr Floyd was a “shocking, and a disturbing incident”, adding “we hope that justice will prevail”.

He added: “I have been told that Manx Radio is now investigating what happened, and it would not be appropriate for me to comment any further while that investigation is under way.”

There is more

The world has officially gone insane. Has there been even a shred of evidence that the cop was actually racist rather than just being a violent piece of shit?

All Lives Matter.