Anyone renting in wexford?

Hope to relocate shortly to wexford and am considering renting a 3/4 bed house either in Wexford town or within a file mile radius. Would be interested in opinions from anyone currently renting there as to what I should expect to pay. Are EA’s getting full askings prices that are advertised on Daft? Any contributions/opinions would be welcome…

We are also looking into it at the moment, having outgrown our own place and wanting to delay the purchase until common sense returns to the market. My read is that some landlords seem to be flexible on price per month to the tune of 50/100 below asking price. This is based on what agents have said to us rather than experience of a direct negotiation per se. There seems to be quite a few houses that would normally be summer lets becoming available all year round so a wider radius might not be innapproriate.

I’m currently renting there…been here almost a year at this stage. I’d second what YellowRedGreen said.

I wasn’t looking for a house of that size, but was able to get most quoted rents down by circa 75 euro. I was asking for up to 100 off a range of similar enough places. Some wouldn’t budge, most did. The average rent would have dropped over the period of time i’ve been here too and, although that may mean some are even less likely to budge, a lot of places either haven’t moved or have been re-listed.

I’d say on a house with slightly higher rent, you should be aggresive in looking for 150 off and hope for a hundred off.

Aside from all that, must say I like the town

for a 3/4 bed house in Wexford my offer would be 87euro, a bag of peanuts and a box of matches per week…no more no less…

Thanks to the two other poster for their inputs…useful stuff…

TWG - it was funny the first few times but neither funny or relevant any more…