Are the slumbering masses waking up

Was giving a lift to a co-worker and as we were passing through a green-belt which has in the last few weeks been rezoned as residential I mentioned that they’ll be building houses here soon.

He responded “how am I going to sell my house if they keep building houses…it’ll be worth half what I paid for it.”

I’m more worried about that greenzone rezoning meself :open_mouth:

Where is this?

between blanch and lucan
joanburton.ie/?postid=918
not the worst piece of rezoning ever but not really needed at the moment.

They’ll never build there, its not a flood plain.

It’s firmly rooted in people’s minds that house prices have gone down, and will continue to go down. But they have not yet woken up to the reality of how far they will fall. So there will be no short sharp correction, the Irish people are going to be hitting the ole snooze button for next few years at least.

They might have just woken up after about half a million plus watched the Late Late with Eddie Hobbs and Shane Ross as prophets of doom type pinsters(see bubble thread).

Hobbs ran amok.
He even told Ross who was sitting beside him that the bubble paid your salary through property ads in the Indo. :stuck_out_tongue:
He even put pinsters under pressure tonight :wink:

That was a bit of a snide comment by Hobbs. Of course all Ross should have done is mention Brendan Investments.

typical corkman :wink:

Ross should have mentioned Tony Taylor.

'Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few.

“*Justice does not help those who slumber but helps only those who are vigilant.” *Mahatma Gandhi.

That show last night was dynamite!

The mother rang me this morning praising me to God that I had warned her about the vulnerability of her retirement fund.

The thought struck me, that the people who hold the money in Ireland are precisely the people who would have been watching the Late Late last night.

Are we going to see a mini-run on the banks by agitated pensioners come Monday?