Asbestos Removal

Having recently gone sale agreed on a property in Dublin, I subsequently got a survey carried out which found that there was asbestos in the slates on the roof. The house itself is about 75 square metres. I’m just wondering how much it will cost to get the slates removed and disposed of as obviously I’m going to have to renegotiate the price

Why remove them if they are still performing their function? My house has asbestos down pipes, guttering and a shed roof made from the corrugated panels. The advice has always been to leave them in situ until they need replacing- and even at that most builders are not too pernickety about removing this type as it is not the dangerous stuff that you find in wall insulation etc…

As said already unless you need to don’t remove them. It’s only dangerous when you break it up. In the 60/70s they put Asbestos in EVERYTHING but in may cases its a low % of the make up and fine. I had 1 or 2 panels of the proper dangerous stuff in my place and I didn’t worry too much about it, got a proper guy to come and put it in a bag and dispose of it.

The survey report said that there is clear evidence of curling of the slates and that they have to be removed

Your into 1000s for asbestos removal and disposal