Belmont Lawn - what is it worth?

This house was on the market earlier this year, then taken off (sale agreed??). It’s now back asking €795,000.

daft.ie/1482853

A similar property on same estate with a larger convervatory was up for rent asking €1650.
On this basis annual rent is €19800. Other houses rent for approx 1600 per month on this estate. What should a realistic price be for 4 Belmont Lawn?

This seems like a nice neighbourhood behind Galloping Green pub. Does anyone know the story of the large building being extended (with extra storeys built on top??) at the top of the road - is it a nursing home ?

Looks like a nice house but the photos are heavely photo shopped, some of the rooms look really long and narrow ? The fire is lighting but there’s not tools - doesn’t look like a gas fire. Look how long the DVD player under the TV is !

Look at the size of the back garden in photo 12! :smiley:

fancied this place when I saw it first - didn’t like the location - price has dropped quite a lot but location hasn’t changed!

something like 12-14 times annual rent … so 237-277 k

factor in ff & nama and it is worth around three times that still

218k, 1 sack of grass seeds and 4 bags of sticks no more no less would be my offer here…

27 Belmont Lawn asking 540k
daft.ie/sales/27-belmont-law … 0444/?ea=1
115 Sq. Metres (1,238 Sq. Feet), €436/sq ft (detached)
“Savills is delighted to present 27 Belmont Lawn for sale by private treaty on the instruction of Kieran Wallace and Eamonn Richardson, Joint Receivers, KPMG.”

Seems a company in receivership owned many of the houses in Belmont Lawn - see
irisoifigiuil.ie/archive/201 … 120612.pdf - page 40
including for example:
33 Belmont Lawn which sold for 540k
34 Belmont Lawn which sold for 470k
43 Belmont Lawn which sold for 510k
propertypriceregisterireland.com … lmont+lawn

I wonder is the receiver drip-feeding them onto the market to get the best price for each, rather than have a number of them come on at once?

I looked at a house in this estate years ago - quite liked it at the time. The last time I was in there it looked well maintained. This house is well in off the N11, overlooking a green area so ideal for families. The only issue is getting in and out of the place - as far as I know, you have to head south on the N11 and do a U-turn if heading towards town. The pub isn’t a big issue - it’s tiny and mainly an “oul fellas” place - so not much, if any noise.

The price looks about right in the current market and it will probably go for more. It needs upgrading, including a kitchen extension. And the back garden might be north facing so might as well build on it! (The map and street view location on this listing is incorrect.)

I saw #27 last year when it was on the market at €495k (although I cannot find a link for it despite my Googling…)
Estate is nice and quiet, house needs upgrading. As I recall there was a leak from upstairs down to the kitchen. Could have been when the plumbing was upgraded (copper pipes all added)

“No 27 Belmont Lawn presents the purchaser with the opportunity to acquire a superb family in a very convenient location.”

Have to say that’s a pretty unique offer.

42 Belmont Lawn asking 540k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2887858

Just increased from 540k to 615k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/2974102
4 Bed Detached House 115 m² / 1238 ft²
€469/sq ft

38 Belmont Lawn asking 710k
myhome.ie/residential/brochu … in/3063973
4 Bed Detached House 115 m² / 1238 ft² (exact same size as No. 42, same BER, same EA :angry: )
€573/sq ft

So much for that price rise to 615k. 42 Belmont Lawn sold for 537,750 / 434/sq ft (there must have been some last minute fine-grained bargaining on that price)
propertypriceregisterireland.com … nd-161092/

40 Belmont Lawn asking 565k
daft.ie/sales/40-belmont-law … n/1082448/
Detached House|4 Beds|3 Baths, BER C3
123 Sq. Metres (1,324 Sq. Feet)
€426/sq ft

These houses are typical of 90s or later estates in that they were packed in together with small gardens and frontage to park although this one being on a corner might have a bigger garden than most of these. There is a decent little pub around the corner but you would need to drive a car or ride a bike a fair distance to get to the nearest shops (Newtownpark, Deansgrange, Stillorgan or Cornelscourt)

38 Belmont Lawn sold for 632,500
propertypriceregisterireland.com … nd-172407/