#BlackNovember 🇮🇪 Job Loss Projection + Tracking

Is there an onus on private companies to notify the Dept of enterprise about things? Or just expected office politics?

to update your table @Open_Window RTE seemed fairly confident that 350 in Ireland were going to be smoked by Meta.

Plans to lay off 12%.

Google now also

Speculation of 6% to be ‘formally’ managed out

Layoffs at Google parent company: Alphabet to identify 10,000 poor-performers, sack them

Under the new system, managers have been asked to categorise 6 per cent of employees, or roughly 10,000 people, as low performers in terms of their impact for the business. The employees who will be rated poor performers will be axed. The new system also reduces the percentage of employees that can score a high rating.

In addition to this, Alphabet’s latest performance system could use these ratings to avoid paying bonuses and stock grants to many employees. There is no official confirmation on this from Alphabet, which has a workforce of nearly 187,000 employees, yet.

Layoffs at Google parent company: Alphabet to identify 10,000 poor-performers, sack them (msn.com)

A post was split to a new topic: 70% of SME fear closure - 2023

Ireland’s best large employer apparently

Any idea how many Cisco employ in Ireland?

Says they were in the medium workplaces category in 2020 (<250 employees) and in the large workplaces category the last two years.
So probably around 300.

They bought ThousandEyes a few years ago who have a presence here

Interesting, never heard of 'em but… :laughing: Thousand :ghost: more like or 1000 points of light! :eye:

SALES. HA.

Paywalled
Edit: version here can be read

Huawei have a few hundred employees in Ireland I think.

US implemented rules against Huawei, ZTE and others last week

36 jobs at BBC NI

Can we get a few layoffs at RTE please?

Dream job for me. They want to Japanese the man, forgot the name they use for this tactic, but fair play to him for standing firm.
My idea would be, after clocking in, I’d go for 8 hour spin around the town and if caught by the rain called sick for 1 month.

1 Like

Coventry.

Yes, that’s the English slang, but I’m sure the Japanese has a specific name for this type of tactic. They used to practice it pushing the victim down the suicide path.

Thousands of Intel staff in Ireland offered unpaid leave in cost-cutting drive

Company is also actively exploring redundancies at some units as US giant cuts up to $10 billion of costs from the business

Thousands of Intel staff in Ireland offered unpaid leave in cost-cutting drive | Business Post

The chips are down.

2 Likes

Volunteers will be few.

Next

Early November, one of those comforting explainers for the snowflakes via yet-again another Maynooth University minion:

How did layoffs become the answer to every business problem?