breaking news....

something massive is afoot right now in the regulators as we speak, or shoul i say as i type…

expect big news before monday morning re a huge bank and the irish system…

heads up and all that…can’t say names obviously…but its getting worse…

Does it look like a failure or a forced marriage … ??

Newstalk just said the Hypo Real Estate deal collapsed?

Hypo deal collapsed last night…
sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story … qqqx=1.asp

There was talk during the week of one of the Irish banks owing a German bank a very large sum (1.2 billion?) and having problems raising finance - maybe if that German bank just went bust, there will be a pressing need to raise this money?..

At least tell the first letter of the banks name :slight_smile:

I suspect is has Bank or Building in the title.

its in talks with FED, ECB and irish regulator as we speak…and if it goes down, it will have major ripples in thewestern world market…the biggest bank failure in history may be coming…and i distingusih bank over investment bank…

its not definite but if something major doesn’t happen before monday morning, then its good nite rosanne…

i cant say names as u can imagine…just expect news within 24 hours…

Are you trying to scare us? If it is the biggest bank failure in history why is the Irish regulator involved unless it is an Irish bank and in that case it is not really big news unless you are Irish?

My guess is that it has IFSC operations but is not an Irish bank.

It would have to be one of the foreign deposit takers in Ireland then? We have one massive one or could it be a particular big global German bank? Ye can fill in the gaps re the name yourselves.

ireland has an enormous amount of registerd companies and funds…cheap tax, low standards etc…several landesbank have had cdos, funds, etc go south in the last year…lehmans had over 50 funds listed in ireland…

look, i hope i’m wrong and u can all laugh at me in 24 hours, but from what i have heard, this isn’t good…

Well, it’s probably Depfa if it’s IFSC related - see the Hypo thread (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14124). But the question is does this mean that any deposits that are elsewhere in Ireland from Depfa and Hypo are going to get pulled? If the 1.4 bn figure that one bank stood to lose last monday is true, then guaranteeing deposits isn’t going to do shit if the depositor needs the money. Still, it’s good to know it’s only a liquidity crisis :unamused:

Are we talking this bad?

kereport.com/audio/1004-04.mp3

Give us a clue please. You can’t leave us hanging like this.

First letter?? :smiley:

Baaaaah.
If I had a cent for every time someone on the Pin said something like this and it went nowhere then I’d have 3 cents. More than likely to be 4 cents on Monday.

see

ft.com/cms/s/0/6d4914f8-92bb … fd18c.html

Defra Bank, which is head quartered in IFSC.

Is Open Window around? Maybe he can take another drive by the Central Bank tonight and see if the lights are on.

Must be.

My theory is that Depfa or Hype have significant deposits in at least one Irish bank and that if it goes bust, those deposits will be pulled. That this is the 1.4 bn that was about to be pulled out on Monday.