Bubble Radio / TV: Give advance notice here!!!

Newstalk now
Housing volatile market - boom bust boom…bust

Karl Deeter talking about vulture funds and their importance.

Begins at 2:10.

soundcloud.com/wlrfmwaterford/d … amon-keane

Who Do You Think You Are, Bertie Ahern

No really, it is appearing on rté television later this year

:wink:

On Joe Duffy now. ‘Landlord is a dirty word’.

Roscommon CC walking away from their own scheme.
Fingal CC ramping rents in D15

www.Newstalk.com now
potential far-right rise in Ireland and its support

Did they define far right?

@Mossy_Heneberry

You can listen to it here, piece is 1/2 way through on the timeline.
newstalk.com/listen_back/81 … er_Part_3/

Journalist said term was hard to define in 2018; it used to mean fascism, but now it means “anti”-immigration parties.

Newstalk is very rushed.

Thesaurus is not another word for Dictionary.

I sat down last night to conduct my first channel surf in months and accidentally came across the new series on TG4. It was great. Hadn’t heard of it before.

tg4.ie/en/programmes/tithe-cois-farraige/

I was particularly taken by the lack of pretentiousness in the whole episode. Will try and follow now on the player. Even the lady in Bantry House was fairly grounded.

It was the kind of show that makes you think, could we, should we, will we?

But but I posted it in 2016, were you not paying attention to Pinster recommendations? :wink:
Compulsory viewing

Tá brón orm. I noticed the year of your post alright and was annoyed I had missed it before.

John O’Connor has taken over from Conor Skeehan at The Housing Agency and was interviewed by Pat Kenny at 9.15am this morning. Well worth a listen back to hear someone who is so hopelessly out of his dept and so unknowledgeable about hos own organisation.

He stumbled through the interview from start to finish…he couldn’t even properly explain what the agency does. And when he did, it sounds like the agency is just another housing dept within a Local Authority except they are attached directly to the Dept of the Environment.

Towards the end Kenny asked him about illegal immigrants who are being put up in hotels at great expense because they are homeless. Should they not be either given leave to remain or deported asked Kenny but surely we shouldn’t be paying for accomm for illegals. After much mumbling about compassion and the Irish way, O’Connor said we would continue to house illegals whenever the need arose.

But we can’t house Irish people!

What do other countries do with illegals?

And shouldn’t the taxpayer have a say in all of this?

Pat Kenny pointed out that a report on Newstalk earlier featured the deportation of Irish who had overstayed visas from Australia in a crackdown over there. O’Connor believed Ireland to be a more compassionate country than that

Deport illegals living here! The Irish legal system ensures that it takes years to deport alleged Islamic terrorists

irishtimes.com/news/crime-a … -1.3483565

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Oh my, the mind boggles. And she gets front and centre on Claire Byrne tonight. Seriously where is the balance.

Refreshing to hear Niall Boylan, asking some questions, nor even tough ones. I fear for our future in this country when this woman is seen as a voice for homelessness!

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … ie%2F&_rdr

After a free gaff and endless subsidisation to have as many children as you want the level of sheer stupidity, entitlement and arrogance in that clip is appalling. This country is fcuked.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Do0FYI5XoAAkk8h?format=jpg

This fecker had the nerve to claim the gubberment are robbin de peeple

The Indo has a European scoop. Interest rates will stay low next year!

Why? Because the writer figures that the lower growth rate means, well, the ECB won’t do what they said they’ll do.

independent.ie/business/bre … 77298.html

Pity he couldn’t find any sources to back up his scoop. Maybe he should read what Mario Draghi said about this.
bloomberg.com/news/articles … th-wobbles

The real story is that Irish borrowers are waking up to the prospect of higher, or even normal :sick: , interest rates and the Indo hopes to distract them.