Bubble Radio / TV: Give advance notice here!!!

Coming up on Pat Kenny at 10am: Tom Parlon to talk about house costs, esp the kite being floated by FG that VAT could be lowered. Also should Developers pay development fees anymore now that there are Property taxes in places!

you’re not wrong -
what a headline “I Have To Return Some Videotapes”

not just clickbait - far, far more dishonest and malignant than that

Pat now has a guy from Suicide Prevention on to discuss the impact of mortgage debt problems on suicide rates in the country, in light of the Sunday Indo article about the farmer who killed himself

In depth, no doubt, review of housing crisis on Prime Time now.

Tom Parlon alert. Jesus that tool should have been up against a wall 7 years ago instead of still knocking around giving his expert opinion on macro-prudential measures.

country Tom alter! And if that doesn’t merit an alert I don’t know what does

According to Tom, shur’ the help-to-buy scheme is important to help FTBers that DO NOT MEET THE CENTRAL BANK CRITERIA to get “over the line” (his words).

Also, he says he’ll support help-to-buy as it’s worked great in the UK.
Wow - because the UK is an amazingly healthy, well-balanced, not at all overpriced market… Christ.

Last Word piece from a couple of days ago, no hard questions asked, no debate, painful listening…

Guests were:

Michael O’Connor, Real Estate Alliance chairman and auctioneer
Tom Parlon, Director General of the Irish Construction Industry Federation
Frank Conway of the ‘Irish Financial Review’

todayfm.com/player/podcasts/ … are_back

Is the property bubble back?

Insight, UTV…on now

edit- Central Bank rules are getting a right kicking

1 of the 3 pieces on tonight’s Claire Byrne show is from Edmund Honohan, Master of the High Court (brother of Patrick) who will be offering his solution to the Housing crisis

Watched it. The guy’s a fruitcake. I see from the Repossessions thread this isn’t his first stab at it. Will take it up there.

Insight: Is the Property Bubble Back - -> player.utv.ie/programme/insight/

Coming up now on Sean O’Rourke show:
The farmer who had his cattle sold yesterday in the forced sale by ACC, with Jerry Beades & Co protesting otuside

Sinn Fein TD on the radio this morning talking about cost overruns for modular homes and asking that councils be allowed spend the money on buying existing stock instead
todayfm.com/Modular-homes-cost-240000

Those figures would be a great political point scoring opportunity if you completely ignore the fundamentals that adding housing stock does something to alleviate the housing crisis whereas adding competition for a scarce resource greatly exacerbates it.

That link reports them as temporary buildings, but are they not permanent buildings using modular construction which will be used to temporarily house those in need of a more permanent solution…probably not as snappy

We need a new word to describe the Irish version of modular housing

IIRC there was a good insight towards the end of this programme - something along the lines of housing should be used to house people, not treated as an investment. Or used as a method to get ordinary citizens - through higher house prices - to keep the country’s entire financial system afloat.

There was a guy on morning Ireland the other day from DIT, Lorcan Sur (?), I liked the cut of his jib, he was commenting on property related stuff…about vulture funds evicting tenants, he said the problem was with security of tenure rather than with property owners selling their assets and a few others points well made

Newstalk have a piece now on the difficulty of finding a place to rent in Dublin
ieradio.org/#newstalk-106-0-fm

Oh my God is anyone listening to these muppets on Primetime calling for rent allowance rises?