"Buckle UP!" - The next 12 days and beyond

trump

Some background on the prime mover in the ongoing “coup” attempt.

Here is a great summary of pretty much every story I have heard in the last four decades in SF about Pelosi’s family background. Its been an open secret in the City for anyone who pays the slightest attention.

Actually a very good read if you want a good idea of how big city machine political corruption worked in the old days. In fact Baltimore sounds like a much cleaner operation than say Chicago or Boston at the time.

The big city political machine corruption now is very different, but just as all encompassing.

Its from 2017. So there are some new wrinkles since. Regarding her husbands very mysterious sources of wealth. Pelosi’s dad grew up dirt poor went into politics and died very rich. Pelosi’s husband came from a comfortable background but given his not terribly impressive business skills no one can explain how they ended up with somewhere around $100M. The declared interested dont agree with actual business done over the decades. Its looks nowhere near the very sophisticated and slick operation Willie Brown has run since the 1980’s.

Although still a lot more plausible than Obamas current $80M.

Pelosi appears to be MIA as House speaker today.

Odd - I thought she was moving to bring impeachment legislation forward ASAP

Insurrection act in play or wha’?

Looks like the website was hacked, now offline.

https://twitter.com/breaking911/status/1348727760680857600?s=21

UPDATE: State Dept. says a “disgruntled staffer” is to blame for the change

Ex-Staffer now I would imagine.

Tactical Hype - Tump speech turns out to be Pompeo (now Trump speech scheduled for tomorrow). Pompeo had been tweeting every 30 mins or something, idea was sown or people assumed it was a type of countdown. Hype. This is like the release of a boyband album. False stories. False sightings. HYPE! UFO’s over Washington! Hype! Pelosi skipped class today - Perhaps a clever Ruse to see how actors act - Certainly lots of confusion.

Who knows… did you read Pompeo’s tweets btw? Pulled no punches on some of them.

President Donald J. Trump Approves District of Columbia Emergency Declaration - Issued on: January 11, 2021

Today, President Donald J. Trump declared that an emergency exists in the District of Columbia and ordered Federal assistance to supplement the District’s response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from the 59th Presidential Inauguration from January 11 to January 24, 2021.

The President’s action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts…

I wonder is Trump even in charge any more. I suppose they’d have made him take a sickie if they’d replaced him ?

That’s exactly what he wants you to think. :wink:

I see Deutsche Bank are the latest to throw Trump overboard. The pandemic will have hit Trump’s business interests very hard, the last thing he’s going to need are banks aggressively pursuing outstanding debts.

He’s badly overplayed his hand in all this. His beer hall putsch gave his enemies the perfect opportunity to come at him. They’re coming at him hard because they fear him and want to bury him for good. Regardless, he is completely toxic, that’s why even some of his strongest allies within the Republican party are now walking away. Lindsay Graham deserting him on Friday has to be one of the last straws. There has to be a certain irony about Trump constantly talking about the RINO’s without even realising that it’s he and his faction that are the real RINO’S. Not a hope he’s going to be allowed to contest the next election on the Republican ticket.

Trumpism will leave it’s mark on the Republican party. If they’re smart, they will take the bits of it that have worked, but to this time choose a candidate that doesn’t repulse large swathes of the middle ground.

Just a quick thing to make sure we’re all on the same page here - you do realise Donald Trump is still currently a head of state and has been since he was elected POTUS 4 years ago?

He has totally miscalculated. In fairness to him over the last 6 years he’s called it right more times than wrong but now he’s given his opponents more rope than they know what to do with. And all in a very unnecessary way - he had far more to lose than gain from his reaction to the Election result and now the GOP are beginning to pay the price - it started with Georgia / The Senate. They are starting to look divided at the worst time for them. Watch it - they will chew him up like rats.
He knew the odds that the legal route would fail were high and once it became clear that it would fail he should have pivoted, to influencing the GOP beyond his 4 years. Very interesting to see his daughter move away from him and in a very public way. Her husband has personally guaranteed a significant amount of debt (as has Trump) and they have been advised that should their lenders take a dim view of them in Trump’s shadow, it won’t go well for them. She’s been made aware that if the Trump brand is to be saved in the eyes of the public and business, she will have to rehabilitate it herself. And its not looking good.
We know his health is not good. The election took it out of him considerably (that’s why he’s on the golf course so much - he’s been told to rest by his doctors). He’s looking weaker and weaker.

Who do you think will be POTUS in February?

I suspect the only one who really knows for sure by this stage is your cat.

If you thought 2020 was a really bizarre year just wait till 2021 really gets going. Shades of 1932. December 31’st 1932… Phew. Glad that’s all over. 1933 is sure to be a much better year…

And we know how that turned out.

I’ve been reading this guys stuff for almost 20 years. He has seen pretty much everything in protest / riots / battlefield situations. He is very good on dynamics and background and honing in on the key players in situations. Usually a pretty good judge of people and events.

This is his take on the Capitol Building Incident.

Here’s a timeline doing the rounds online, dunno how accurate or if confirmed