Bulfin Road, Dublin 8

Does anyone know anyhting about Bulfin Road in Dublin 8. I know Inchicore in general has a bad reputation but the part of Bulfin I am wondering about is the near to the Suir Road, South Circular road area.

I am looking at buying a house here seems convenient to city center but don’t want to end up in a rough area afraid to walk to the shop or walking home from work

Its a grand road but it isn’t going to be like living in the burbs or in the middle of d4. Dolphin’s Barn and St Michaels estate both nearby. You’d have to make an effort with the locals but handy for n4 + luas, also near enough grifith baracks educate together school for kids.
the local td Catherine Byrne ex lord mayor of dublin lives on that road.
finegael.ie/our-people/tds/catherine-byrne/

Make an effort with the locals - can you expand on this??

He probably means be ignorant or condescending. You don’t have to be Ned Flanders either.

Realistically I would just keep myself to myself. That’s what most people do in suburbia.

I can be ignorant and condescending without making any effort at all…

The area’s fine. Only thing is 6 months ago there were a lot of houses for sale in the Bulfin estate, but most have now sold. What is left isn’t really a great choice, of the two left on Bulfin Rd, the one (currently for sale) down the Suir Rd/SCR end needs a lot of TLC and possibly some structural work.

D.