I know but it was mentioned in this thread and to a Canny, shure aren’t they all the same.
What’s that saying about Bulgaria? Italy is a state with a mafia, bulgaria is a mafia with a state.
But peoples perceptions of the Mafia in Bulgaria are completely wrong. I can assure you that as someone that has lived here for 3 years you will never come into contact with the mafia in your day to day life. Sure there is corruption indemnic in the legal system, the police (although that is improving slowly) and local government etc but there are not men running around with machine guns all over the place.
Big Property Bargains in Bulgaria’s Bansko, Prices in Freefall →
Property prices in Bulgaria’s biggest ski resort of Bansko are in freefall and with the
exit of British and Irish buyers, Russian investors now dominate the market, putting to good use their bargaining skills, a survey shows.
Many Bulgarian and British investors, who have been lured into Bansko ski properties with no exit in sight, are seeing their dream come to a sorry end and scramble to attract the attention of Russian buyers.
Even though over the last two years Bansko has not seen the launch of new holiday complexes, there is a huge number of properties up for sale and prices have already fallen by 50%.
Statistics show hotels with over 7000 beds have opened since 2007. About 80% of them are in apartment complexes. At the same time, the number of transactions in the region has decreased significantly - from 4000 in 2009 to 1800 last year. Of these, 1300 were purchases on the secondary market, a survey of investment company GreenLife shows.
there is more
Two Irish gang members arrested in Bulgaria’s Sunny Beach resort – report →
sofiaecho.com/2012/04/26/181 … ort-report
Bulgarian police, acting on information from their Irish colleagues the Garda, arrested two members of one of Limerick’s largest criminal organisations.
Bulgarian television station bTV, quoting the Irish Times, reported that the arrests in the Black Sea resort of Sunny Beach took place while police were searching an apartment where they found ammunition and illegal drugs allegedly linked to one of the men.
One of those taken into custody, a 33-year-old, is wanted in Ireland on very serious charges. He had been the subject of a European arrest warrant for close to two years, the report said.
Recently, the man was arrested in the Czech capital Prague, but released without charge, and from there he went to Bulgaria.
Kommersant: More deceived property investors in Bulgaria expected - →
Moscow. The low price of the Bulgarian real estate attract Russians and make them consider possible investment in the country as an alternative to a not too expensive villa in the Moscow’s environs. Such a purchase is justified only if the property in Bulgaria is for personal use and entertainment. Private investments in this country at the moment is senseless, comments Russian Kommersant daily.
According to experts, around 337,000 Russian citizens have already purchased a property in Bulgaria. Russians make 80% of the buyers of Bulgarian property. The rest of 20% goes for citizens of the Great Britain, Scandinavia and Romania.
The Bulgarian fairytale ended up in 2008, when the country was seized in crisis, and the real estate started getting much cheaper. The worst thing was that many construction entrepreneurs went bankrupt and at the moment there is a big number of deceived Russian clients in Bulgaria.
Experts comment that obviously Bulgaria is facing a surplus of apartments and other holiday premises, which is oppressing the market. The two big number of properties led to freezing of big part of the projects and to bankruptcy of the construction companies. This means that the number of deceived Russian buyers will continue increasing.
there is more