Calais situation / Refugees, Syria and something else?

immigration
refugees
globalisim

And the numbers keep on going up…while family reuniification will at least quadruple the totals.

theguardian.com/world/2015/o … 015-report
*German authorities now expect up to 1.5 million asylum seekers to arrive in Germany this year, the Bild daily said in a report to be published on Monday, up from a previous estimate of 800,000 to 1 million. Bild said the German authorities were concerned about the risk of a “breakdown of provisions” and that they were already struggling to procure enough living containers and sanitary facilities for the new arrivals.
“Migratory pressures will increase further. **We now expect seven to ten thousand illegal border crossings every day *in the fourth quarter,” Bild cited the report as saying. The authorities’ report also cited concerns that those who are granted asylum will bring their families over to Germany too, Bild said. Given family structures in the Middle East, this would mean each individual from that region who is granted asylum bringing an average of four to eight family members over to Germany in due course, Bild quoted the report as saying.

Data is quite reliably collected in the countries listed, yes…I’m not saying anything about India…or Bangladesh…I’m very happy for you that you’ve spent time in these places…But I fail to see the relevance to a discussion of European birth rates…

Give me a better source on European birth rates and I’m happy to take a look at it, but I won’t apologize for using official data from verifiable sources.
Otherwise we’re all just making shit up to suit our own wacko narratives.

It’s becoming almost impossible to have anything approaching a reality-based discussion on this board :laughing:

Deleted

what the US does in the middle east is decided in Israel, for Israel Iran is still enemy number one, there is more chance of a war between the US and Iran than them becoming allies

Deleted

Deleted

:laughing: Yeah right, that’s why I said “Germany has good reason to be worried”. I have been attempting to quell some of the more alarmist claims of imminent societal collapse (your chosen term was ‘death spiral’ iirc) due to birth rate decline. I’m tempted at this point to abandon the rational approach and join in with squirting lighter fluid on the bonfire.

All predicable:
iep.utm.edu/republic/#SH1h

That is what I meant, the cultural bedrock of the society which is deep seated. Not its modern incantation, rather the often unconscious motivations and worldview that are deep seated.

It can be argued that this rigid class hierarchy is largely the result of Western intervention and British rule. Traditional Hindu society was different. But yes I agree we are dangerously close to totalitarianism.

Well, who saw this coming!!!
Germany’s previous estimate of 800k was slightly off the mark…by close to 100%!!!
bild.de/bild-plus/politik/in … .bild.html

And no doubt they’ll be revising it again in the coming weeks. Safe to say that Merkel’s call to hit the road and come to Germany around late August has added 1m people to the 2015 total

All part of the plan.

Deleted

:laughing: Yeah right, that’s why I said “Germany has good reason to be worried”. I have been attempting to quell some of the more alarmist claims of imminent societal collapse (your chosen term was ‘death spiral’ iirc) due to birth rate decline. I’m tempted at this point to abandon the rational approach and join in with squirting lighter fluid on the bonfire.Im a little confused now…I appreciate that you may have refuted my initial claims that Europe as a whole may have future issues with demographics but is it the case that you have established that the issue applies only to Germany as well as to some of the southern and eastern states?? And that no such ‘issue’ exists in France, Scandinavia, Ireland etc??? ie that overall, its not really something that anyone should be bothering about…is that the established position???

No, clearly it’s something that people should be bothering about. European governments should support working families more effectively. I’m a strong supporter of the French model, having seen it in action at first hand

Not for Germany, which has had jobs going unfilled and therefore unrealized economic potential. Perhaps for Ireland, at least at present, as unemployment is hovering around 10% and the economy is still recovering. The bigger issue is whether peripheral EU countries should lose their young people to the core, just as rural areas have lost young people to urban centers.

I think it’s quite obvious why birthrates have declined. There’s plenty of literature available. Should the African nations be navel gazing to establish why average family size has declined dramatically in the last 30 years?

No, but go ahead with your rhetorical flourishes. At least one of us is enjoying them

Germany needs workers. Either they come from the peripheral economies of Europe, or they come from elsewhere.
I haven’t argued in favour of massive economic migration.
I have argued in favour of EU countries fulfilling their obligations under the UDHR. Do you agree that countries should accept refugees?

Germany needs ***educated ***workers.
How many of the ‘refugees’ are illiterate ?

indexmundi.com/syria/literacy.html

indexmundi.com/nigeria/literacy.html

indexmundi.com/afghanistan/literacy.html

Many of the refugees arriving in Germany cannot read or write in their own languages, let alone that of their host country.

These people will not fill the skills gap facing Germany.

I have written here before that the EU should take in (genuine) refugees, but not give them citizenship.
There is an educational, cultural and religious divide that does not mix well into a secular, liberal western democracy.

So depopulate Spain.
Send all the young Spanish people to Germany, and fill Spain with retired English people and Irish criminals. :smiley:
It’ll do wonders for the Spanish dependency ratio.

What did the poor old Spanish do to deserve John Gilligan and the Anglo 3? :open_mouth:

:bulb: How about this? We take all the educated, peaceable Syrian and Iraqi doctors and engineers and transfer the population of Portlaoise jail to the middle east in their place? I’m sure there are current guests of the justice ministry who’d feel right at home in a society full of murderous psychopaths.
Who needs Mountjoy when you have Mosul? 8DD

N.B. This is not a serious policy proposal.

Deleted

"An Ethnocide of the German People"

news.vice.com/article/german-an … -thousands

Classy.

According to the radio today a survey showed that the majority of those fleeing Syria are fleeing the Assad regime, not Islamic State and they wish to return only when he is toppled and not before.

Ah would you ever cop yourself on. Dressing up as Hitler is not classy.