Chicago Spire - Our American Money Pit

Coming up on the News at One, RTE.

independent.ie/lifestyle/he- … 82056.html

Irish Financial Crisis Helps Topple Planned Chicago Spire -> online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-201 … 14149.html

Spire developer loses control of site in foreclosure suit -> chicagotribune.com/business/ … 9947.story

Developer was key force behind interview Drumm gave to two jounalists - PAUL CULLEN -> irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire … 78551.html

Chicago Spire developer sued for $5m
Bank of America has upped the ante against Irish property developer Garrett Kelleher and applied to a Chicago court for a summary judgment against him and his Shelbourne Development company for the repayment of more than $5m (€3.4m) in loans
independent.ie/business/iris … 30170.html

On the BBC web site - bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12778518

the rounded corners that stick out of that building on Van Buren @1.39 reminded me of the guides story abouit how property tax was based on ‘foot print’ so building outwards was popular! I wonder if the Irish property tax comes in what shenanigans will result :smiley:

US bank secures $5m judgment against builder Kelleher
A Summary judgment totalling over $5m (€3.5m) has been granted against property developer Garrett Kelleher and his Shelbourne Development company in the US, piling pressure on the embattled businessman.
independent.ie/business/worl … 44188.html

chicagorealestatedaily.com/a … oreclosure

irishtimes.com/newspaper/fin … 42840.html

independent.ie/business/ligh … 38843.html

Just watched this. Glad I didn’t pay to do so… :nin

NAMA selling Chicago hole for $92.8m

independent.ie/business/world/nama-selling-massive-hole-in-ground-for-928m-29131804.html

In that area, rents have gone through the roof because of built up demand so it’s possible that the spire might be built after all.
I hope it does get built eventually. It’s an eyesore at the moment.

a lot lot more has been built in that part of the city compared with 10 years ago.

Developer Kelleher in bid to restart building of Chicago Spire - -> independent.ie/business/iris … 74079.html

From NASDAQ, 24th June 2013

[

](https://www.nasdaq.com/article/irelands-nama-to-sell-93-million-in-debt-to-related-cos-20130624-00799)

Blue Horseshoe

Kelleher fights to reverse sale of Chicago Spire - Roisin Burke -> independent.ie/business/worl … 83241.html

Billionaire tried to pay top dollar for Chicago Spire - Roisin Burke -> independent.ie/business/worl … 36075.html

businessweek.com/articles/2013-09-12/the-chicago-spire-a-93-million-hole-in-the-ground?campaign_id=otbrn.bw.anniv