Clontarf or Lucan or Templogue

ireland

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a house within 300k and max 330k. I am getting some options to buy between the below choices. Can you pls tell me the best place to buy out of the 3:

1. A 2 bed town house with a little backyard at Pine Grove, Templogue D16 priced at 330k. Old but nicely done a 1990 construction.

2. A 2 bed apartment in Clontarf opposite the sea old but nicely one around 1984 construction at 310k.

3. A new 3 bed house in Shackelton Park, Lucan. This is a new development of about 500 houses at 340k.

My long term plan is to live in the house for 5 years and then either sell or rent the house( preferably sell if I can) as I will move back to my country. I will want to rent it to a family. I am paying 2k as rent from the last 3 years.

I getting pushed towards Templogue considering that it might be difficult to rent in lucan for that big mortgage, but I dont know how good is this part of templogue.

Regards

Friends of mine lived in Pine Grove for a good few years in the noughties before relocating. Nothing wrong with the area - a bit of a no mans land as no village close by but Rathfarnham shopping centre nearby, Ballyboden St.Enda’s GAA next door. Blue Haven pub is up the road which isn’t bad for a pint.
Halting site across the road but they never experience any trouble fro there during their time.
Very busy road in/out of town on your doorstep which would be my biggest issue.

Templeogue i think. Not a major fan of 1980s apartments
Traffic is busy in templeogue but great sporting facilties nearby for kids and adults

The house in Dublin 16 is in Knocklyon. It’s a settled area. Most kids that grow up there stay in the area. The school is very well regarded and has one of the highest university attendences in Ireland outside of fee paying schools. If your plan is to rent to a family you will have no problem finding families wanting to rent there.