Composite Front Door

Any suggestions on best make to go for or who to buy from? Based in north county Dublin.

Thanks

Correct me if I’m wrong. Composite doors. These are PVC type product with insulation layers?

While I can not recommend any supplier. I’ve heard tell a blow torch can melt a hole very easily in these doors to gain access. Locks be dammed.

Traditional hardwood or aluminum for doors if you care about security and may be even performance, wood may suit most installations. Tbh.

These PVC frames are incredibly ugly and aestheically inefficient because of this limitations. Yet I guess in price people are mad for them?

Composites Combat the Extremes

If you have specific environmental considerations – such as salt spray, high insect populations, or moss – then composite is right for you, because it has anti-insect, anti-fungal, and rot-resistant properties.

High-humidity, high-moisture environments and extreme weather exposure areas can benefit from composites. Also, the north side of a home in a shaded area, where there is moss growing off the side of the house, is a good candidate.

https://www.provia.com/blog/wood-vs-composite-door-frames-let-mother-nature-decide

I had a door and large side window installed recently through a company in Dundrum. The door was a Palladio composite, made in Limerick. I did a good bit of research into various brands and types before going for the Palladio range. All installed in less than 1 day

All good so far.

I would check with Munster Joinery to start with. It’s always a good place to get a competitive price for UPVC quality doors and windows:
www.munsterjoinery.ie

All window companies are usually reselling either the Palladio door or Apeer door.
We went with a Palladio door about two years ago and have no complaints with it.