Coronavirus 2020

I just took one paragraph as an example. I could tear it apart line by line, but I’ve better things to do.

Germany restrictions started coming in on 9th March. Number of recorded cases 1224.

A month later, just a round number, April 9th - Number of recorded cases 118235.

So a month after restrictions had come in in Germany, the number of cases increased by 100X. To quote from your link “If we look at the date of application of the imposed lockdowns we see that the lockdowns were set after the peak was already over and the number of cases decreasing.”

There is no way that can be phrased as anything other than bald faced lies.

During peak covid hysteria, the president signed into law an amendment to the Health Act 1947 which enables the minister of health to issue regulations [such as forced wearing of face coverings, and restrictions on movement] having regard to the immediate, exceptional and manifest risk posed to human life and public health by the spread of Covid-19.
The minister at no point seems to have explained in the Dail or any public forum how the risk of coronavirus is immediate, exceptional or manifest, and the requirement to do so would apply as much when extending regulations as when issuing them for the first time. With coronavirus having been our new normal for over six months now, it would be very interesting to see how the minister could show the virus risk is immediate, or exceptional, or manifest to 99.5% of Irish men, women and children.

".…it remains difficult to reach a definitive conclusion on the
effectiveness of face masks in the community."

(Page 17 from the HIQA report on mask wearing - dated 20 August 2020 - about 7 or 8 weeks ago!)

NPHET were clearly bounced into endorsing mask wearing in the Spring by a combination of expert* commentators and the public and politicians being convinced* by the arguments* in favour. I would guess they surrendered on the basis that they had bigger fish to fry.

• all terms used loosely

Could you please explain in what way Government policy has done less harm than the Coronavirus disease?

Hadn’t seen this: Andrew Neil’s Spectator TV - the early part of which looks at Ireland’s dramatic Government V NEPHT spat last weekend. (Irish Times Pat Leahy is featured.) WHO’s Nabarro also features as main guest.
Well worth watching!

The covid app shows 4.5% of tests being positive on 09/10/20. Bear in mind a lot of the 95,672 are being tested because they are symptomatic in one way or another.

The article seems to imply there is some population where 6% tested positive when mass testing was done. Can anyone explain where this 6% comes from as its higher than symptomatic population infection rate. Maybe its the term mass testing I’m taking the meaning to be they did testing on general population.

“The department said testing at the 236 schools has led to the detection of an additional 90 cases of the virus. This equates to a rate of 1.5%. The comparable rate when similar mass testing has taken place in the community stands at 6%.”

Video proof of “Clown World” no?

1,000 cases today, median age - 30. No need to guess who is catching it.

Record testing = record numbers. We’re in the first wave of the Casedemic.

Despite my complaints about RTE’s generally hysterical coverage, the weekly essays from their Health Correspondent, Fergal Bowers provides some much-needed balance.

An unintended consequence of closing pubs and restaurants has been a rise in parties in some places. This week, Dr Holohan said that coronavirus loves alcohol. It must have some Irish ancestry in that case. The latest outbreak figures show that, to date, there have been 10 outbreaks in pubs and 22 in restaurants and cafes. The vast majority of outbreaks have been in private houses with 3,199 so far.

Since as early as February the PCR tests, used to create the “case” numbers across the world, have been questioned, in this thread and across the internet as broadly problematic and misleading - for reasons such as difficulty and complexity of running the tests to the inherent flaws in what is a manufacturing process that requires many cycles of to amplify genetic material traces and also as outlined previously, the PCR’s very own creator (who won a Nobel prize) went to great pains to make it clear it was never a diagnostic test, but a manufacturing process, never to be used for diagnosis purposes.

Src: https://www.politicalirish.com/threads/covid-19-figures-9th-october-2020.38141/

For the masses

There is no question pubs are being unfairly targeted in the war on coronavirus, and publicans have good reason to be furious for having their livelihoods wrecked. We need to know more about the personal habits and beliefs of those in this country who are leading the virus management campaign, to ensure that particular prejudices are not clouding their judgement and influencing their decisions, For example, is Dr Holohan a teetotaler or what are his drinking habits? (Doctors typically do not frequent pubs.)

Theres always been a population segment of mainly wealthy influential people in Ireland that opposed anything that tended to render the masses somewhat uncontrollable and independent in thought or action. They disliked horse fairs. They disliked fleadh ceoils.They disliked Moore Street. They disliked alcohol. They disliked republicanism. Basically anything that wasnt supine and subservient.

When religious institutions were at the height of their powers it tended to travel within them. It now appears to root itself in the progressively liberal orthodoxy that currently holds sway and has rebranded itself as being less concerned for the moral failings of the masses and more concerned for their physical well being.

RD Laing once wrote of “violence masquerading as love” ie we’ve been here before.

The untreated fatality rate is something around 1%, a bit more or less. A greater number require significant amount of medical treatment to prevent them from dying. This is heavily skewed to older people. Do nothing and the plausible scenario is that 50k people die and probably multiple times that number require medical intervention in Ireland over a short period of time. The medical establishment does not have the capacity to deal with that level of illness.

Do nothing and tens of thousands will die. Do something and fewer die in the short term, albeit with a high cost and unknown long term consequences. Whether the cost of doing something is too high is up to each individual to say for themselves. It really depends on the value that is placed on life. And also, how to value the lives of current people Vs future people.

Everything that I can find all indicates that as a population, the people of Ireland are willing to pay almost any price to try to avoid the scenarios that happened in Italy, Spain and elsewhere.

Which would further beg the question of why those with access to power with regard to the provision of healthcare, and who appear to be the most vociferous when it comes to voicing concerns about the welfare of their fellow citizens, have seemingly added zero ICU capacity since last February/March.

Again, quite odd to say the least.

Interesting to note the increasingly “Lockdown-resistant” noises continuing to come from Government…

The interview with WHO’s Nabarro arguing against lockdowns will surely further Government resolve to explore options other than the sledgehammer NEPHT approach.

No surprise there really, it is becoming clearer to more and more people that the cure is far worse than the disease, not to mention all the delayed treatment and diagnosing of a host of other conditions that are far more deadly if treatment is delayed. That’s before you even start to look at the mental health issues caused by the lockdowns and economic fallout.

Realistically is it possible to hire the staff to significantly increase the ICU capacity? I don’t know much about recruitment in the HSE. I suspect that there are not too many people with the necessary skills that can be transferred into new departments within the existing pool of staff.
Hiring extra staff is a long term project which even if it was initiated in March would only now be hiring the first new personnel. In the industries that I’m familiar with it takes six months or more to hire people, I can’t imagine it is quicker in the HSE. Also, I can’t imagine there would be too many qualified people interested in doing the work at this time?