Coronavirus 2020

The war machine has been activated.

April.

You’re right there. I’m in two minds on the cleaning, I’ve read before using clearing away all bacteria just gives a new world to Bacteria who weren’t cleaned away or are resistant. However if the Virus caught hold in your house you would definitely need to clean it away or you become a vector for it.

On probiotics, do you have any good ones to recommend? I’ve used Udo’s choice and I eat full-fat Greek Yogurt.

On the sugar I’ve really cut down and don’t really eat much high carb food anymore. Cold immersion is supposed to be good for boosting your immune system. I have cold showers most days and I’ve been swimming in the sea over the winter.

Sauna usage twice a week cuts pneumonia risk it’s also very relaxing.

The CCP are locking down an entire district of Hubei for 14 days due to a spike in COVID19 there.

Nice if you can be close to the sea and such facilities maybe with the bonus of supporting weather patterns. It’s all about being on some kind of track, taking some control and responsibility and ultimately balance, and I think you know your stuff enough for me to be any more insightful.

Japan records a death from the Virus. She hadn’t been to China.

Singapore has seen a spike with 8 new cases.

Chinese National with Coronavirus takes a taxi to the Hospital in London

Is China back at work? :wink:

nope! No pollution… no massive traffic:

Shanghai is still not busy:

Chongqing approx 30 mln people megalopolis:

That didn’t take too long. :icon_confused:

Beijing CDC Party Committee Issues Wartime Status Order

2020-02-13 18:38:07

Wartime Status Order

Party Committee of Beijing Centers for Disease Control

In order to further discipline, compact responsibility, and ensure that all prevention and control work is carried out in an efficient and standardized manner, the Party Committee of the Beijing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a wartime state order, requiring its party members and employees to fully recognize the “critical period”, “critical moment”, and “keys” The urgency and importance of the moment, consciously established a “very conscious” and entered a “wartime state.”

The first is to insist on using “state of war” to lead the thinking.

The center not only fulfills the city’s epidemic prevention and control duties, provides professional technical support duties for government decision-making, but also implements the “unit responsibility” of the “quartet responsibility” to protect the safety and health of all employees, both of which are equally important and cannot be sidelined. Under the unified leadership of the Party Committee, it unconditionally obeys the decision-making and deployment of the Party Committee in the wartime state and serves the current prevention and control work. It resonates at the same frequency, obeys unified orders, unified commands, and acts.

The second is to insist on strengthening implementation with "wartime standards."

All party members and cadres must take overall consideration into account and resolutely put an end to work mistakes caused by this mistake. All employees must unconditionally obey work scheduling and consciously obey management. Strengthen the work style and achieve “the end of the day and the end of the day”; adhere to the problem-oriented, responsibility-oriented, sensitive matters in the prevention and control, unexplained events and the work of leaders at all levels, to understand the situation at the grassroots level and guide commence to work.

The third is to strictly control contact with "wartime thinking."

Minimize “cross-contact”. During the epidemic, all staff members are strictly prohibited from leaving Beijing, strictly commuting to work, eating out, and consciously doing good health management after work. The Security Section should strengthen the access control of the three courtyards, and strictly control the entrance and exit of the gates and all foreign personnel. All personnel enter the hospital area for temperature monitoring and must enter the hospital with work cards to reduce unnecessary travel during work. Non-work must not be connected to the department, try to use the phone or WeChat, SMS and other means of communication. Try to have as few meetings and short meetings as possible to control the number of participants.

The fourth is to insist on strict management with "wartime thinking."

Highlight political security, ideological security, network information security, security of confidential work, laboratory biological security, food security, etc. The epidemic data collection, statistics and reporting will be done well, and information security and confidentiality security incidents will be resolutely prevented. Front-line personnel engaged in flow regulation, pathogen inspection, and close management should strictly implement prevention and control guidelines and operating specifications, do a good job of personal protection requirements, and ensure personal safety. Strengthen laboratory management and resolutely put an end to the theft, leakage, and loss of pathogenic bacteria (poisons) and various samples.

Fifth, we must adhere to the “wartime need” service guarantee.

The equipment and material security department shall fully protect the front line, make plans in advance in accordance with the needs of the prevention and control of the flow of returning adults in Beijing, and evaluate and reserve and manage protective materials daily. Implement the “precision arrangement of materials” requirements, timely grasp the material inventory and daily consumption, and carry out scientific and efficient deployment, not only to implement a convenient procurement process to meet the needs of prevention and control, but also to seriously fulfill the “three major and one big” and internal control requirements. All employees should implement self-protection requirements, and non-epidemic personnel should not wear medical N95 masks, including N95 masks purchased by themselves.

Sixth, we must adhere to “war discipline” and take it seriously.

The current situation of epidemic prevention and control is extremely severe, and the responsibility for prevention and control is more important than Mount Tai. The big battle is coming. All party branches must mobilize their thoughts and gather the masses to give full play to the role of battle fortress; cadres at all levels must lead by example, dare to take the lead and give full play to the leading role; each party member must advance, take on the burden and give full play to the vanguard Exemplary role. All party branches, departments, and cadres at all levels must earnestly perform their main responsibilities, and disciplinary commissions must perform their supervisory responsibilities to ensure the smooth flow of government orders and prohibitions.

All middle-level cadres and branch secretaries who violated the disciplinary requirements in the entire epidemic prevention and control work and caused significant adverse effects and serious consequences to the center and the city’s prevention and control work were suspended or removed from work in advance; timely public notification of typical problems investigated and dealt with.

English via Google Translate - original link: http://www.yangtse.com/zncontent/276541.html

Imagine co-living in an era of coronavirus covid19

It’s called a tenement. We know what happens.

China Seeks Plasma From Recovered Patients as Virus Treatment

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-14/china-seeks-plasma-from-recovered-patients-for-coronavirus-cure

China National Biotec Group Co. has been using this plasma, which contains highly potent antibodies, to treat more than 10 seriously ill patients since Feb. 8, the company said in an statement on its official WeChat account Thursday night. It claimed that those receiving the treatment improved within 24 hours, with reduced inflammation and viral loads along with better oxygen levels in the blood.

China develops convalescent plasma therapy for COVID-19 patients

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-02/14/c_138783268.htm

Speaking on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme, Prof John Oxford from Queen Mary University said:
I think we have to galvanise ourselves in our social actions – how we interact with people. And I think that is extremely important; more so than wearing a mask. I think that’s a total diversion.
What we need to do is less of the handshaking, hugging, kissing, that sort of thing, because this virus looks like it’s spread by ordinary tidal breathing, not necessarily colds and coughing.

One of the people diagnosed with coronavirus in the UK attended a central London conference with more than 200 delegates, PA reports.

The person, who has not been named, attended the UK Bus Summit at the QEII Centre in Westminster on 6 February.

Not many steps away from bus drivers and mass transit

I just heard the former FDA commissioner speak on CNBC. He gives some great insights and is also a Doctor. He was mentioning that the PM of Singapore had said a few days ago that given the fact that they are now having person to person transmission in Singapore that they cannot find the source for, that they may well have a total community outbreak that they won’t be able to contain. He also said that the death rate from this is actually quite low. Just 0.2% outside of Hubei. He was saying that most people should not experience strong symptoms and the hospitals should be reserved for the very old and very young. The FDA former director said he was a bit surprised by this, but I have also seen the same guy speak before suggesting that it would be extremely difficult to stop this spreading all around the USA. I have a link to the piece from the Singapore PM below. It’s quite good.

I have seen another expert also say that sleep is most likely the best defence as it has been proven to promote the production of antibodies. Of course, the anxiety doesn’t help with sleep but maybe cutting down on multiple coffees might. Has anyone noticed on the TV how some of the people that talk of feeling hardly any symptoms at all seem like they are really well rested people e.g. the American lady, recently married that was on the Diamond Princess. She said she would never have known she was sick if they didn’t tell her.

Singapore has 9 more confirmed cases today bringing the total to 67. As far as I remember there were 8 yesterday, so that’s 17 in two days or a 34% increase.

This has been at the back of my mind all along, I think the Chinese have massively suppressed the infection figures as well as being nearly truthful with the fatalities and not being aware of many more infected people. 0.2% mortality, with the risk confined to those with other conditions like COPD would mean this is a mild flu. This could end up being THE case study about misinformation causing panic, when they were trying to prevent it.

I’m not buying it. It doesn’t compute with the level of panic by the CCP, or the takes of hidden deaths, or the videos of people dropping dead in street - which used to happen in 1918.

Thanks for that post.

Im tending toward the belief that this is an exercise in mass panic, possibly due to reluctance on the part of the Chinese to be honest from the outset, thereby resulting in the figures being unreliable.

Ive been in touch with people in Vietnam over the past few weeks and they’ve said that after an initial panic a fortnight or so back, after which the schools were closed, things have returned to normal.

They’ve said that there are reports of 15 or so people having been infected in a village near Hanoi and that that particular location is quarantined. However apart from that it seems not to have gained traction as of yet.

Anyway, i have to travel to that country the week after next so will report back on the state of play as i find it at that point.

Hi Poacher, just to be clear, it was the Singapore PM saying that death rate seems to be about 0.2%. I’d still err on the side of caution when travelling there. There’s no harm bringing those cheap disposable plastic gloves. Having hand sanitizer and face masks also.
I believe Wuhan got overwhelmed quite quickly and I think the incredibly high smoking rate in China for males caused the disease to lead to pneumonia and other critical cases at a much higher rate there. Along with the foolish events that were still carried on and the lack of emphasis on hygiene. With more care people can be more protected. Also, outside of Wuhan now everyone is taking precautions in advance.