Councillor succeeds in getting his own land rezoned

Please leave.

How anyone in the last 10 years thought that building condos in Florida around Disney was a good way to make money I will never know XD

Land scams started off with selling swamp land in Florida, I suppose its a tried & true way of hauling in the suckers :unamused:

Good luck to Sham, he seems like a Bertie type of person.

He just snared a few Irish Gobshites with high asperations and money to waste.

Sure there was lots of them around at that time.

Marahaj was His sham name ,do ye know nottin in de sttled comunity.Good dog, good dog.I wonder was Tommy T.involved since He left Navan to live in Galway,Had’nt He a thing about Disneyland??..Interesting how all these fuckers are happy making their millions in Ireland,and then spend it in fucking Florida of all places.Was there nothing to invest in ,in Ireland,and before ye all jump all over my arse ,I dont mean invest in property,so there.!!! This josie CON neely seems colourfull,just like the stroke Fahey et al. Must be something in the water down in Galway Bay.?? What say you Mr. 2-pack our western correspondent ??? :laughing:

Article in the Sunday Times says that AIB are currently investigating Mr Declan Maher the branch manager in Clifden. Apparently he “issued a $60m loan guarantee to his own business partnership”. The letter was issued to Kevin Barry, an accountant who was also an investor.

The name of the entity is BMB Partnership and comprises Barry, Maher and Barry’s father.

And of course FF are up to thier necks in this too, former councillor Josie Conneely. It sounds a bit suspect as branch managers can’t authorise such big loans alone. This could run deep and those proposing NAMA should get to the bottom of such scandels.

Don’t you worry , Eamonn O Cuiv will have the entire $60m inside NAMA by next week and we will end up with somewhere to put our pensioners in the winter .

This letter was issued 4 years ago, maybe even 6 years ago ( see below) , why are AIB still investigating ?? More to the point , how many OTHER AIB branch managers issued similar letters :open_mouth: ??? :open_mouth:

Has Maher been suspended?

Not suspended at all , no. “The Letter” dates from April 2005 and is linked below (sourced from the blog referred to at the end of this post which is following the fun )

scribd.com/doc/19406132/Lett … rish-Bank1

Times Article today

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 823469.ece

Last week ( missed this and brings us up to date) the Times had this. Up to then he was in situ in the branch in Clifden . I do not think there is any liability for AIB but that depends partly on a judge in Florida .

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w … 815156.ece

The Times journalist , Mark Tighe , is also a blogger if ye want more details , lots more details :smiley:

irishjournalist.blogspot.com/200 … opers.html

I consider some of the comments made here to be quite possibly thee most childish and uninformed remarks that I have seen in quite some time. The argument is centered around resentment. While Cllr. Conneely was in office he applied to have his lands zoned like ant other individual. He abstained from the voting procedure. Therefore he did nothing wrong. He was a figure that Connemara will never have again. Anyways it is his own business to decide what he wants to invest in.

Piece in today’s Tribune that Josie’s empire is crumbling. EBS have appointed receivers over:

The Renvyle Inn
The D’Arcy Inn (Clifden)
J Conneely Bar and nightclub (Clifden)
8 apartments (Clifden)
Rock Glen Hotel (Clifden)
The Crane Bar (Galway).

For sale now, all for the princely sum of €4m.

He has personal guarantees of a half mil to BoI and EBS, creditors owed a million. No mention of what the EBS loans amount to, I’d love to know.

He blamed PLANNING ISSUES, the smoking ban, drink driving laws, and a drop off in tourism for his downfall.

Hmmm… Would a mod like to do a quick investigation of the ip address of that “controversial” poster. He joined to defend a guy and then never posted again…

Handily dragging up in March 2010 a thread that died in September 2009… like the phoenix, these revenants keep rising only to shoot their feet off…

According to Todays Connacht T the EBS moved in in Josies empire. The following is an inventory.

advertiser.ie/galway/article/35671

Seems to be two threads on the same subject:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24368&start=15

Merged, thank you.

Former Cllr wanted Supt ‘to sort it out’ after arrest for drink driving

EBS registers €9.4m judgment against developer

Many of Josies ‘assets’ are still for sale and the Crane Bar only went sale agreed in recent weeks afer the asking was dropped from €950k to €550k or so in the spring, might have made €450k and that was the best of what Josie had. His Clifden ‘portfolio’ is POA …a great sign that. D’Arcys and the Rock Glen are anyway, I lost interest after them two. :smiley:

I never found out what “constitutional rights” of his were infringed by the guards that time either

galwaynews.ie/24051-former-c … nk-driving

But the good news is that he will be running in the local elections next year (according to my dear Clifden know all friends) and is tipped to win “His” seat back in 2014. As his entire ‘portfolio’ is not likely to realise more than €2m despite the EBS judgement against him for north of €9m he could be bankrupted many times over I should think, EBS have kindly refrained from bothering to so do.

And as Josie recovers from his multiple excoriating annus horribilis serial episode so goes Clifden. Where goes Clifden goes the nation, what! :slight_smile:

I does believe that this is the bould Josies house just gone up for sale, a mere €950k to you out in the wilds beyond the wilds of Connemara. If he even gets €400k for that he is doing spectacularly well. The FF Convention to select candidates next time out in the locals in Connemara will be on this month I think…I sense a comeback I does. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=563546