Cowen calls for end of economic 'negativity'

rte.ie/news/2009/1127/economy.html

What a fucking tit.

I was driving home from WICKLOW this week, (no work in Cork) and got tothinking how we pull ourselves out of this mess, and how we attempt to reverse the 500000 people on the dole.

I observe there is ZERO effort to get these people off the dole, and indeed, the situation continues to get worse. Not only that, but the factors putting these people on the dole continue to worsen.

I got extremely gloomly.

Its hopeless IMHO, we really are, utterly fucked.

Fine, I hate negativity too.

So how about plain-speaking, transparency, fair laws applied to all at all times, willingness to confront goobeens and their self-serving illogic, willingness to take hard decisions and make wealth creating economic policies?

And while we’re at it, how about less talking bollocks, pandering to lowest common denominator, horse-trading and short-term fixes?

You can’t sing.

You can’t play.

You’ll go along way.

I wonder, if FF disbanded, would there be a decrease in negativity throughout the country ?

Fixed.

Speaking of which, Spirt of Ireland, Steorn, etc., they’ve all been deathly quiet recently… :angry:

From the dude who brought you “Nobody saw it coming” to “Everyone’s to blame”,he’s now releasing a cover version of Shiney Happy People. Sing along and clap.

Shiny happy people laughing
Meet me in the crowd
People people
Throw your love around
Love me love me
Take it into town
Happy happy
Put it in the ground
Where the flowers grow
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands

Everyone around love them, love them
Put it in your hands
Take it take it
There’s no time to cry
Happy happy
Put it in your heart
Where tomorrow shines
Gold and silver shine

Shiny happy people holding hands
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I used to think Cowen was a pensive, media shy, shrewd operator who didn’t feel the need to lead via constant media attention and sound bites as did his predecessor.

I now realise this lad is a total fuckwit whom Ahern merely set up as a stool pigeon.

The light at the end of the tunnel for us is an oncoming train.

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it’s breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You’ll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That’s the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what’s the use of crying?
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile

What about an end to lying?
Didnt think so.

Correct, Ahern did not like McCreevy doing a solo run, so packed him off to Brussels. He put Cowen in place as a compliant stooge who would not object while he doled out the surplus tax revenue building consensus politics through social partnership.
Cowen genuinely has no idea what happened and is still in complete denial muttering “why me, why did this have to happen on my watch”, it would not surprise me if he takes refuge in the bottle.

We’re not back to Bob Dylan again, are we?

I don’t know which was the better hospital pass…

Ahern to Cowen or Cowen to Lenihan, they were both masterful.

But I still think Cowen jostled Ahern out of the way in the final analysis, although the most devious of them all, I think had that planned all along, a bit of rehabitiliation with the parish faithful.

Ah shure, isn’t it shocking…

Nah.

Kit-Kat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RdtTplxAaQ

Here is the classic in question…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDEJpqljvIc

I dare you go say that to the people of Athlone, when they try to get their hands on a share of the €10m disaster fund. shite bag

“It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue…”

One of the most shocking things about this entire fiasco is how passive the voice is when “the recovery” is spoken of. It’s like “We’ll return to growth in 2011”…ahhhhh, really? How? What in the name of Christ are we actually doing to hasten that recovery? Where is the industry, the manufacturing, the innovation? What are we planning to make and sell in 2011 that we are not doing now? It’s as though Cowen and Co. think a recovery is something that will just appear out of thin air without their having to do anything to make it happen. Most terrifying about this is the possibility that they really, honestly believe that Bubble 2.0 will kick off again and so there is no need for an industrial/jobs/wealth creation strategy.

I for one wish to call for end to the political life of all these Fianna Failers.

We may now be looking at a new Soft Civil war after 10/15 yeas of a Soft Dictatorship preceded by decades of religious fundamentalist terror rule.

How will revolution begin?

It already did via the intransigence and arrogance of the powers that be.