David Drumm released

Former Anglo Irish Bank chief executive David Drumm has been released from prison. The former chartered accountant was released from Loughan House low-security prison in Co Cavan this morning.

Mr Drumm was sentenced to six years in prison in June 2018.

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

The best little country in the world in which to do business - Enda Kenny 2011

Served his time - I hope he can get on with his life.

Mr Drumm was sentenced to six years in prison in June 2018. ???

Direct quote from the article… case dragged out for years cos he went to the US, 2009-2015 I think, before finally being extradited? Not sure exactly.

Friend of yours Luan? Part of your social circle?

It seems to be normal practice to let prisoners out early for good behaviour usually after about 2/3 of the sentence has been completed, or earlier if in remand for a long period before sentencing.

Politicians caused the crash, politicians indebted and impoverished the nation. I dont see the value in scapegoating one banker in over his head.

The bankers gave the cheap money out and caused the boom and our anger should be directed at central bankers, not retail bankers.

However it was certainly the politicians that strapped the public with that debt when it all came crumbling down.

He has served his time for what he was convicted for.

Exactly we’re all David Drumm’d now… :whistle:

Thanks for posting Diana.

Always good to have the clearest information on these people and how Irish society “works”.

Yer honour, the prisoner was exceptionally well behaved throughout his stay. He never caused us any trouble, just spent the days plucking figures out of his arse - a model prisoner you might say!

you disagree with protection of pensions or just his?