Death of Aishling Murphy, Media Coverage, Public Reaction and more

Was there something like 5-7 murders I. total over that week or so?

On this point and others see John Updike review in 2006.

https://archive.ph/7TOrp

In honour of Steve Sailer’s Law of Mass Shootings, I’m claiming BlameGame’s Law of Irish Crime Reporting:

“No description issued of perpetrator = probably foreign national or ethnicity”

https://archive.ph/3KSM2

Gardaí are now focused on establishing her movements on Saturday and Sunday and who she was with over the weekend. They suspect she may have struck up some new relationships over the last six to 12 months and that these may hold the key to her murder.

@Conquistador, as you know better than most on these matters given how in touch you are with the lasses, is Maeve spot on here?

Since the conviction and jailing of five men in the Midlands last week for the rape of a 17-year-old girl in 2016, I’ve been trying to process how those men could do what they did to a person, to a child.

Justice Tara Burns, the judge who sentenced the men, described the case as horrifying and said they had “acted like animals” and lacked any “shred of humanity or respect, fundamentally required for a functioning society.”

1 Like

If the writer Higgins was cast in the movie as she describes it, she’d be the mother metaphorically speaking, but that is clearly lost on her.

1 Like

Remind me again, what did George Hook say?

Today is the first anniversary and of course we get the Fake News with it’s omissions

Fake News Ellen Coyne

Reality

The majority of women are killed by foreigners. They are a greater threat.

1 Like

I was thinking about Ashling Murphy today (met some Roma). Trial will be in June 2023.

How will the regime handle this? In the current context about young male migrants, They can’t be in favour of a 4 week trial. They have to pursue a murder conviction so what can they possibly offer him to get him to plead guilty and avoid a trial?

Justice Paul McDermott confirmed that the jury trial would take place at the Central Criminal Court in Dublin from June 6 of next year. The trial is expected to last up to four weeks, the Independent reports.