"Doing a Drummer" - The how too.

I want my credit card written off now. The Banks “forced” me to take out a 20,000 limit by calling me and posting me out free money.

Im over drawn & I’ve had enough paying it off now. I simply cant afford it anymore!

How do I get this written off?

I will give them back all the crap I bought with it too. Loads of paintings & house stuff, the paintings I was told would be worth more in 5 years time, although I think they are worth less now as the painter was never any good in the first place, I was told he was brilliant!

I blame the banks entirely for this mess I got myself into!!!

Just dont pay it. You might get a judgement registered against you but wtf. You cant get money from the banks anyway. I did it for 40k credit card. Best thing i ever did.

I assume this happened in the bubble era. Banks actually read the results of credit checks these days rather than burying them at the back of the file.

Edit: may have taken you up wrong, it seems I missread “can’t” for “can” get money from the banks.

Incidentally I know a guy who had a judgement taken against him by MBNA and subsequently had no problem getting massive property loans from AIB.

In my experience banks do check credit records very carefully and did too in the bubble era. But i had an excellent credit record and decided if i was going down i was going down big so maxed my credit and took the consequences (minimal). I will never get credit in ireland again but i dont live there anymore and now live in another EU state. Cross border credit checking should really be introduced but is still a while away. Possibly i would have recourse to mbna as they increased my limit to 20k from 4k in 4 years without my approval but as it happens they did not even register a judgement against me and offered a settlement of 4k which i refused. AIB secured a judgement of 26k but i have not heard from them since. I can feel the wrath from the taxpayers already. But Aengus Ó Snodaigh rang up my dept in a few years on printer cartridges…i at least put mine to good use

Wherever you are - I hope your new overlords appreciate the atttitude. Never mind, we’ll pick up your pieces. A “me feiner” in action.

I bet you do not employ 15 people in Ireland…and probably never will. And before you ask i do plus another 6 in Belfast.

Edit: may have taken you up wrong, it seems I missread “can’t” for “can” get money from the banks.

Incidentally I know a guy who had a judgement taken against him by MBNA and subsequently had no problem getting massive property loans from AIB.

In my experience banks do check credit records very carefully and did too in the bubble era. But i had an excellent credit record and decided if i was going down i was going down big so maxed my credit and took the consequences (minimal). I will never get credit in ireland again but i dont live there anymore and now live in another EU state. Cross border credit checking should really be introduced but is still a while away. Possibly i would have recourse to mbna as they increased my limit to 20k from 4k in 4 years without my approval but as it happens they did not even register a judgement against me and offered a settlement of 4k which i refused. AIB secured a judgement of 26k but i have not heard from them since. I can feel the wrath from the taxpayers already. But Aengus Ó Snodaigh rang up my dept in a few years on printer cartridges…i at least put mine to good use

Wherever you are - I hope your new overlords appreciate the atttitude. Never mind, we’ll pick up your pieces. A “me feiner” in action.
I bet you do not employ 15 people in Ireland…and probably never will. And before you ask i do plus another 6 in Belfast.

Your point being what exactly?

Being “me feiners” usually create employment for people like you. I dont apologise for what i did i just participated in a transaction. Im a businessman not a public servant or a politician. A business took a risk and loaned me money…i defaulted…our elected representatives decided to guarantee my dept…its time to blame the people. Mainly you…and me

Being “me feiners” usually create employment for people like you. I dont apologise for what i did i just participated in a transaction. Im a businessman not a public servant or a politician. A business took a risk and loaned me money…i defaulted…our elected representatives decided to guarantee my dept…its time to blame the people. Mainly you…and me

You did default. You also skipped the country. Where I come from that makes you [delete] less than honest - often an essential trait in business - you are a real Richard Branson. Somewhere you relations are on a trolley because of it. Hey ho. :nin

NewBeginnings senior counsel Ross Maguire now on Radio1 discussing this

You did default. You also skipped the country. Where I come from that makes you a crook - often an essential trait in business - you are a real Richard Branson. Somewhere you relations are on a trolley because of it. Hey ho. :nin

I did default…I am not a crook…please educate yourself on the definition of a crook. I dont know where you come from but you need reducation.A crook is some who deals in fraudalent or criminal activity. What i did happens in civil cases every day of the week. I did not skip the country…I live in another country. Uneducated people bore me. I have numerous properties in ireland but do not choose to live there. Please dont post rubbish about relations on a trolley. I pay more towards the trolley than you

Yawn.

Confirms my suspicions…not particularly clever.

You took money without intending to pay it back. You, Sir, are a scumbag.

This would count as Fraud in many countries but obviously not Ireland.

It’s fraud in Ireland too - love the way HappyLandlord thinks he did nothing wrong or criminal just because he hasn’t been taken to court or convicted of a crime.

Also love the “but i create jobs” excuse - give us all a break. The only reason any of these so called “business men” create jobs is to make a profit off the workers they employ - nothing wrong with that but they act like it’s some kind of charitable act and deserving of adulation from the rest of us. Pay all your taxes and debts and you might start being on a level field with the ordinary worker.

Brian O’Donnell is in and out of court all the time and can’t see how he committed any crime either. :slight_smile:

Happylandlord is only small beer and is not regularly cocking ye ole snook at Judge Peter Kelly about his antics and calling the whole system into disrepute. Ignore him if he has an affect on your blood pressure. :smiley:

How long would your business survive if your customers did not pay you the money you were owed?

You have an interest in people not behaving the way you did. I call that hypocritical.

Could we perhaps snip the Happylandlord bashing off to the Piston and ye can have at him there.

I wish you bad teeth and ugly children. I wish you haemorrhoids and halitosis. I hope cars splash rainwater on you as they pass you by. I hope your pet pooch gets diarrhoea the day after you install white carpets. I wish your mother-in-law a long, long, long life, living in your spare room. I wish you Japanese Knotweed in all your gardens, and premature balding. I wish you embarrassing stains down the front of your trousers and next door neighbours who screw noisily every night as you try to sleep.

I’m glad you’re proud of your brass neck. But I now a few brass necks myself. The common thread amongst them tends to be a painful lack of self-awareness. Sadly, this often leads to low self-esteem because the person senses there’s something not quite right with all their hubris, but they lack the introspection to process it. This leaves an unexplained hole inside them that they can’t explain that is filled, eventually, by self loathing. It’s a big-ego/small self-esteem kind of deal. Pretty standard. Shallowness is curse of the brass necks, but it’s not a free ride.

Enjoy your exile. The fewer of your shower around the better anyway. Cheers.