Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the US

You’re buying the spin

The simple facts are that the Chinese Government is to blame for the scale of this thing.

No amount of spin or wishful thinking can change the facts of what occurred.

Trump would need a good coronavirus result to break 50% or a 9/11 to break 55%

No.

I’m merely pointing out that Trump repeatedly praised China’s response to coronavirus in February. Theres no spin. Trump repeatedly praised China’s response to coronavirus in February.

Which is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things given what we now know of the timeframe of events.

For example, the WHO also accepted the word of the Chinese. Is it a similarly clownish organisation populated by idiots?

Are the Italians, Spaniards all idiots? The EU which has, even now, yet to agree a coordinated cohesive response?

The obsession with anti Trump political point scoring in the midst of a global pandemic is unseemly.

For what its worth I think his adminstrations response was incoherent to begin with. They appear to be doing as well as could be expected now though.

Dylan dropped a new toon today. Why did he release an epic track about a president’s assassination this week?

Track Posted here. 17

Does it really need breaking down? This bit: I still wonder if we wouldn’t all be better off if someone decided to “take him out”… was meant in the same spirit as this:

i.e. a joke. This bit: He’s a danger to the US and to the planet… Anyone uttering the same things would be an idiot … was serious, and based on utterances like these:

I used to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. Anyone who has watched his performance in public for the last few weeks cannot really doubt that he is narcissistic to the point of having a screw loose. The truth simply takes second place to stroking his own ego.

Trump is and always was a narcissistic and nasty piece of shiiit. He still thinks he can bluff and bluster his way through the crisis.

The virus was running wild 3 weeks ago in NY and there wasn’t as much as a alcohol wipe to be seen. The US is going to be by far the worst hit 1st world nation by the virus. The delays in acting will cost many lives. In such a divided nation, rich- poor, liberal - conservative i would excect some social unrest.

:roll_eyes:

Fox News. More triggered talking heads, clutching their pearls. Enough already.

I have to disagree when I see this kind of crap going on.

On the contrary ‘this kind of crap’ is absolutely vital in the context of China lying about America starting the virus and lying at the outset of virus.

You just don’t understand international relations. You think international relations means backing down a lot and always using “diplomatic language”. You’re not alone.

I have to disagree. While the US is of course obliged to fight back this ridiculous chinese conspiracy theory, it has no business dragging other countries into it, who really want nothing to do with this China-US faceoff while this crisis is ongoing.

So the Trump wasted time with a name calling exercise that energised his base, had no deterrent effect on china and once again exasperated what were once US allies.

Even Boris has more balls.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-boris-johnsons-government-reportedly-furious-with-china-2020-3?amp

One said: “It is going to be back to the diplomatic drawing board after this. Rethink is an understatement.”

The second unnamed official said “there has to be a reckoning when this is over,” while the third said “the anger goes right to the top.”

The newspaper adds that Johnson’s government is so angry with China’s handling of the crisis that the prime minister could abandon his previous decision to let Chinese telecomms company Huawei develop the UK’s 5g network.

These are clear diplomatic signals to make.

Trump bragging about his ratings as if he were still a Reality TV star is surely the most obvious sign yet that he’s a rather dumb sociopath?

It’s a reaction to an ongoing debate by the networks if they should cover the trump news conferences in full or at all, since what trump says is contrdicticory or wrong, and for once the stakes are too high for that.

The Right are frothing at the mouth:

(That weird thing where ABC, NBC, NYT etc are the media, but Fox News, Breitbart and the Federalist, etc, are not…)

But the truth is that these conferences are more about Trump then it’s ever been before.

And this is a great example.

Totally incredible stuff.

I’ve just seen the guidelines from my own place of work. Masks, gowns, gloves, face shields or goggles in almost all circumstances, even for non-clinical support personnel. Even patient visitors (who are limited in number) have to have gowns, masks, gloves, when visiting confirmed or suspect COVID-19 patients.

Of course consumables are going to go through the roof.

If he’s really that concerned, just get the cops on it.

Here’s a thought. Trump will announce in August he’s cancelling all US debt owned by China as Reparations. And ride to sweeping victory in the election in November

The Trump admin took action early on and while some claim the flight ban from China early January was not really a full ban, I do not exactly know, but I do remember the CDC were giving pressers that have since replaced by the daily Pence/Trump briefings and that might have even been during or begun around impeachment proceedings.

The US sent help to China in February.

State Dept. Send Aid to China in the way of medical supplies.

Feb 7th

This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.

Today, the United States government is announcing it is prepared to spend up to $100 million in existing funds to assist China and other impacted countries, both directly and through multilateral organizations, to contain and combat the novel coronavirus. This commitment – along with the hundreds of millions generously donated by the American private sector – demonstrates strong U.S. leadership in response to the outbreak.

It is alleged a call was put out across the world to ex-pat Chinese and Chinese operations, to buy up medical supplies and send back to China:

Feb 11th

The same in Australia.

To the point I have read angry commentary in recent days that supplies were low or gone because of this early bulk buying by Chinese people and operatives to the cost of Australian natives.

As the coronavirus took hold in Wuhan in February, staff of a Chinese government-backed global property giant were ordered to buy up vast quantities of western medicines and medical equipment to send to China.

Sources within the company told the Sydney Morning Herald that it was an international endeavour by the Greenland Group to scour the world for bulk supplies of surgical masks, thermometers, antibacterial wipes, hand sanitisers, gloves and paracetamol for China’s health system.

So why are getting equipment from China again and are we paying for it?